• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The CL Gods are smiling on me...

klawrence

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($28), but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...

The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok
That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.

Pictures to come...
Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!

Tough decision... Personally, I'm going with the performer. My goal is cooking, not a show. An almost brand new performer will get the job done.

Nice score!

If you have a pictures of that wok, I would be willing to make you an offer for it.

I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($28), but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...

Can you change wives?

I'm just sayin'.......

That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.

Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!

I'll be sure to pst one of the wok. If it's like a regular wok then I'll be sure to season it properly. My regular one is very well seasoned and cared for, so once I know what I have I'll be sure to keep it in good condition.

Sorry I'm so bad at pictures guys. Here's the wok:

76f1be279278023

I think that's a Weber wok, but not the early 70's vintage.\

Regardless, you got a great deal on a great set-up. Enjoy cooking on it.

Back