Propane Chimney Starter

hamiltont

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've read numerous times about Brethren using the side burners of their gassers to light charcoal in a Chimney. I don't have a side burner on my gasser but the neighbor was "disposing" of his gasser & it did. After a little whacking & hacking I was able to cobble this together with some scraps I had laying around. Plus I now have a "portable" side burner... :becky: Cheers!!!

DSCN2345.jpg

Nice. There ya go!

I use a turkey fryer. Lights the charcoal in minutes. Fantastic.

That's cool. Now you got me thinkin. I want to do that with a smaller propane bottle so that it truly IS portable. I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for kicking the creative juices. :idea:

That's cool. Now you got me thinkin. I want to do that with a smaller propane bottle so that it truly IS portable. I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with.

A single burner propane stove would have been my second choice had I not stumbled upon this freebie. Cheers!!!

This could be really good. We've seen what your creativity did with your UDS. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the chimney lighter. No pressure.:clap2:

Back