Reheating BB Ribs ?? searched but ....

Q

Q_Egg

.... didn't find the right thread. Specifically for 2 extra racks of BB ribs smoked yesterday. They are in plastic wrap and foil now in frig. It will take a couple days for just the two of us to finish these off. What is the most effective way to reheat them and minimize 'bad' effects ???

pan with a raised rack with apple juice in the bottom. Foil over the top. Heat till warm.

Or you could always nuke them in the micro. I usually do this in a dish, add a little sauce, and cover with some waxed paper. Comes out great unless you overcook them.

Many thanks Bro's. Good weather forecast so these ideas will work. Will probably try both and perhaps mingle the two on each rack.

Regards,

Reheat them under the broiler. 3 to 5 minutes per side. When the sauce starts bubbling flip them over. That's what I like to do anyway. It carmelizes the sauce nicely.

if im heating the enire rack, I foil them and put them in the overn at 300-350 til they are hot.. if its only a few ribs, I'll nuke em for a minute till they sizzle. Depending on the sauce, Ismetimes follow up with a minute under the broiler setting in the toaster oven.

Put em in a turkey roaster using the rack. Grab somebody's beer while they aren't looking and water down some BBQ sauce. Pour it over the ribs and let them steam for about 1/2 hour. Also works on stove top. Also works for chicken parts. Also works for old shoes.

Thanks again for some interesting twists. I had originally mentioned broiler ... in this case I was thinking the infrared gas broiler (like a slamander) in the Garland oven. Wifey was not too enthusiastic .... thus my post gor help.

Seems like you all have covered the bases and ways to deal with some potential side issues. I feel much better prepared to enjoy a couple more days of ribs and not wreck 'em.

Regards,

nuke'm or eat them cold. I think the correct procedure would be determined by how you prepared them and whether they have sauce, whether they are dry or moist or.......If they were good when you made them they will be good when you nuke them, just not too much to burn them.

Interim feedback

1st day of leftovers. Decided to go with infrared gas broiler. Watched closely and turned when they started bubbling, then repeated and pulled. Excellent taste and texture ... BUT ... these were loin BB's and the thicker meaty portions were still a bit cool. Tomorrow we will nuke 'em for a minute and then repeat the broiler. Also helped to serve with a small bowl of heated Bone Suckin' sauce (this rack was glazed with it).

Thanks again Bro's.

Back