MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Phubar's Tangy Chick Pron

Now I know what you 'Mericans mean by "tangy"...very vinigar-ish.
Got these bottles from GTR last time he visited me.
I marinated the chick in Scott's,aPhter the marinating I cooked it down,added honey and some Carolina Treet.
Used this as a glaze.
Sorry...but no plated pron,just ate it with a smoked tater and mayo.

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
Skidder
Babbling Farker

More pics more pics. Looking good as always Phu!
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
jeffboyette
Full Fledged Farker

Born and raised in Goldsboro, NC... Both the sauces are near and dear to me. Im military, and in another state for 8 years. Everytime family visits or i deploy, these 2 are in my care packages along with Brightleaf Hotdogs! Not to be used together of course
jeffboyette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
NorthwestBBQ

Looks awesome as usual, Herbert.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
westy
is one Smokin' Farker

Very nice sir. Love the vinegar sauces. Have to give those a try. Were they very sweet?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Kingsford COS
Masterbuilt CES
WeberQ 220
Santa Maria 30x20
WGA
PBC
westy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Garrett
Babbling Farker

I PUT THAT CHIT ON EVERYTHING! Looks good.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

Looks good. I love Scott's. We cook new potatoes with Scott's. It's good stuff!
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Looking good as usual Phubs, Carolina Treet is one of my favorites on chicken.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench_H View Post
Looking good as usual Phubs, Carolina Treet is one of my favorites on chicken.
^^^This Pharker sent me some this summer. Now guess who's ordering it by the case online? Moose has also been known to Phall under the spell of Carolina Treet as well.

We've been marinating/basting chix in Carolina Treet and using the Scott's as a condiment on pulled pork - I could see the Scott's working as a marinade if it isn't in there Phor too long.

That Phlavor is kind of a Southeastern deal - salt, vinegar, etc. Things seem to get less tangy as you head north and west. I gotta try and get some country ham to ya.

Oh yeah - y'all around mid-May?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
Phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
^^^This Pharker sent me some this summer. Now guess who's ordering it by the case online? Moose has also been known to Phall under the spell of Carolina Treet as well.

We've been marinating/basting chix in Carolina Treet and using the Scott's as a condiment on pulled pork - I could see the Scott's working as a marinade if it isn't in there Phor too long.

That Phlavor is kind of a Southeastern deal - salt, vinegar, etc. Things seem to get less tangy as you head north and west. I gotta try and get some country ham to ya.

Oh yeah - y'all around mid-May?

Yeah...I've learned about that in the Southern parts the Phlavour goes vinigar...this was my Phirst time of tasting it.

I think you allready gave me the country ham...if so I used it recently.

May will be Phine...we'll make time for some Quality time.
Phriday we're getting another wildboar from Germany...so you know I'm gonna save some till May.

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador

Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nice chix Phu! Those 2 sauces are next on my list for sure.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
Phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy View Post
Very nice sir. Love the vinegar sauces. Have to give those a try. Were they very sweet?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

They are "sweet" allright.

*WGA Ambassador