pulled pork

popeye

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
ok i have a quistion. I am going camping .all i will have is a crock pot . i want to have pulled pork .i have my sauce but i want to cook a loin all day . then pull it and put the sauce on it . QUISTION . how do i keep the loin moist before i pull it . i know this is not q'ing but i am limited in equipment .

Pork loin is the wrong cut of pig to do pulled pork. It's lean, and doesn't do well cooking past 145. We are talking about a 2 hour cook with loin. Get yourself a smallish pork butt or picnic roast and pop that in the crock pot for pulled pork.

Toss the loin on the campfire grill, or in the freezer for a later date.

thanks guys that is good info .me thinks i will go shopping

Better yet..go pick up a chuck roast and have shredded beef sammies.

Chuck roasts do great in an all day crock cook.

Why don't you build yourself a Mini WSM. It is small enough to take camping and works great. I use mine all the time.

thanks again guys . i think i will go with the butt . After all i am a butt man

I have never seen a tree or a rock with and electrical outlet you must have one bodacious extension chord.:razz: Sleeping in side an RV aint camping, Camping is cookin over a fire and sleeping under a tarp:cool:

Psshh, a tarp?!?! Blu, you girly scout, you disappoint me. :tsk::caked:

By tarp I'm sure you mean the stars! :mrgreen: Nothin' beats an army surplus cot under a full view of the Milky Way!

Psshh, cot?? You sleep on the ground under the stars.. Just kidding!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I have never seen a tree or a rock with and electrical outlet you must have one bodacious extension chord.:razz: Sleeping in side an RV aint camping, Camping is cookin over a fire and sleeping under a tarp:cool:

guys i have a camper . Also am 72 years old if i slept on the ground thats were you would find me later on in the week. My idea of camping is a campfire in front of me and a cold beer in one hand and a hot women in the other:wink:

I like the way you think Bludawg tarp and a hammock for me. +1 on the mini WSM too

Popeye's quote...
My idea of camping is a campfire in front of me and a cold beer in one hand and a hot women in the other:wink:

:shock:But what would Olive Oil say??:shock:

I do like your thinking tho!! :heh:

Back