MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Brisket Master-Class @ Texas A&M

Sure beats English 101

Damn I really wanna go. Why can't people do stuff closer to us here in NY? Us yankees need love too!!

http://foodwaystexas.com/events/barb.../camp-brisket/

2013 Camp Brisket
January 11-12, 2013
College Station, Texas

We’re trying something new this year in partnership with the Meat Science Section in the Department of Animal Science at Texas A&M University. We will hold a second barbecue camp, Camp Brisket, on January 11-12, 2013. While Barbecue Summer Camp will continue to take a broad approach to barbecue cookery and culture in Texas and beyond, Camp Brisket will specifically focus on that quintessential Texas smoked meat, the humble brisket, covering topics such as the debate over which grades/types of beef to use, types of smokers, wrapping or not wrapping the brisket, and much more. Attendees at both camps will receive direction from professors in the Texas A&M University Department of Animal Science Meat Science Section as well as hear from pitmasters from around the state of Texas regarding some of their basic techniques. We are still working on the program for this first Camp Brisket, so stay tuned for more information.

Tickets go on sale:
Nov 16 – Foodways Texas Members (must be member in good standing by November 2)
Dec 1 – Public

Ticket prices:
$495 – Foodways Texas Members
$550 – Public

*Cost of ticket includes all sessions, talks, and activities as well as lunch and dinner during the event.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
chrischandler71
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chris

Man that's really cool.. I just found out that we have an animal science department here at the University of Georgia, and on Fridays they have a large meat market where they sell fresh meat to the public that they have harvested at the school. I going to go see what all they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Badgeman
On the road to being a farker

I might actually travel to do that one!
Badgeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

You can always move. I Been ta New Yawk don't need to go back for nothin If I left anything behind ya 'll welcome to it I'll give ya the same course for less I work for top shelf Scotch & fine Cigars.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Glad I'm from Texas and I know everything I need to know about cookin a brisket. I could eat a lot of mistakes for 500$ lol.

Home made 5' reverse flow smoker
Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5
Weber Kettle 22 1/2" silver series
Weber Copper Smokey Joe Gold 14.5"
GPS trackable RED super fast thermopen

http://www.facebook.com/jtempleton2

FatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
You can always move. I Been ta New Yawk don't need to go back for nothin If I left anything behind ya 'll welcome to it I'll give ya the same course for less I work for top shelf Scotch & fine Cigars.
You know what's funny is that I lived in Texas for 4 years - out in Lubbock. And I never really heard too much about BBQ. I think I've eaten BBQ 3 times in 4 years. When we go out to eat it's usually mexican food, burgers, or chicken fried steak.

They could definitely use a bit more BBQ education out in West Texas.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuyawk View Post
You know what's funny is that I lived in Texas for 4 years - out in Lubbock. And I never really heard too much about BBQ. I think I've eaten BBQ 3 times in 4 years. When we go out to eat it's usually mexican food, burgers, or chicken fried steak.

So true!

Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
TalonBrew
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuyawk View Post

I lived in Lubbock for about 7 years, and this is true. You really have to get to central Texas before the good BBQ kicks in. They had some really good Mexican food, tho.
TalonBrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Dallas Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

$550 to have a bunch of Aggies tell this Texan how to do brisket!? I don't think so. lol