THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
I cooked two briskets on Saturday and both turned out great.

The following day I cooked another to bring to a family get together which I was sure would impress the relatives. The result of my Sunday effort was Catastrophic. Although the brisket looked and smelled good, it probably ranked up there with the worst “Q” result known to man. The soles of my shoes are probably more tender and tasty then this poor brisket.

The sad part is, I still can’t figure out what went wrong. I followed the same routine as the day before and the meat was the same size.

On the up side, the wife felt bad about the whole thing and is ok with me smoking up the yard again this weekend.

Have any of you guys has similar problems? The dry thing is driving me crazy.

Guido

Re: RE: Q-tastrophe

jgh1204 said:
& sometimes, you just get a crappy piece of meat.

That was my first thought, too. All else being equal, i would suspect the meat first.

Whenever something doesn't come out as good as I wanted it to, my wife reminds me that my worst result is still better then the BBQ places around heres best results.

Back