First Day vending

I'll try to take some pics this weekend of the booth and some pron. Thanks for the support and input

If we are at a vending event and end up with extra ribs towards the end of a weekend we sell them for $25 per rack, $13 for half a rack. Most of the time these are events where people are spending a lot of money anyway.

Might raise my prices on the ribs a couple of bucks. I usually only make 8 racks and sell at least 7. Selling rib plates as well, 3 bones/$5.

Hey Garth you thinking about going back to your day job or are you hooked?

Only do it on Saturdays. I am having fun, but it is a lot of work. Not sure how folks do it 3,4,5 days a week. Hoping to get some small catering gigs. Is that Oak Harbor, WA? I grew up in Bellingham.

Definitely alter their perception. Plus, in the case of Farmers' Market vending you are dealing with repeat customers.

I sell my slabs of baby backs for $25. Smalls are $20 (sometimes $18 if they are real small); heavies are $30.

My price are:

1/4 rack (3 bones) $5
1/2 rack (6 bones) $10
Whole rack $18

My prices are constant and I have never had anyone say, "Can I have a bigger rack?"

I also usually try to mix large end and small end in a box so no one ends up with all small end ribs unless they request them (yes that does happen.)

We made it down to the farmers market in corona to try some BBQ. It was our 11th wedding anniversary and getting ready for our Halloween party that night. Yeah we know not very romantic but thats how we roll (which didn't end till 5:30ish this morning Whoo hoo thats right party like a rock star). Anyways about the BBQ It was great I love brisket more than anything ever. It was like butter had a great bark and tons of flavor with just the right amount of smoke, The beans and the macaroni rocked wish we would have bought some in bulk for the Halloween party. The wife had the pulled pork and same went for that it was great. Its great to know we have somewhere to go to get great Q when we are out that way. We will be sending friends out for sure.

Only do it on Saturdays. I am having fun, but it is a lot of work. Not sure how folks do it 3,4,5 days a week. Hoping to get some small catering gigs. Is that Oak Harbor, WA? I grew up in Bellingham.

Call me sometime, i'll tell ya some stories. :roll: :cool:

It's slowed down a bit past couple of weeks, not as much foot traffic. Still making a small profit (not if you count the hours put in though). Just trying to get our name and reputation out there. Getting more customers coming and saying they heard about us and came to try it out. Still waiiting on some large orders or drop off gigs. More folks are buying by the pound as well.

It's slowed down a bit past couple of weeks, not as much foot traffic. Still making a small profit (not if you count the hours put in though). Just trying to get our name and reputation out there. Getting more customers coming and saying they heard about us and came to try it out. Still waiiting on some large orders or drop off gigs. More folks are buying by the pound as well.

We have days when wonder why we go, and the answer is because there is no substitute for exposure. Then you go out and clear 3k - 5k in a weekend and you remember why.

Rib-O-Lator

hi G57 just want to say great job. my son and i know it's a lot of hard non stop work, but there is nothing like the felling of people buying your food because it tastes so great. it's almost better than the money they give u.

Glad to here. Like you said, it is about exposure.

We are trying to get things lined up here to hopefully start at our market after the first of the year. Still having a heck of a time getting access to a kitchen.

Best of luck, keep up the great work.

The smiles on the folks buying your food is almost as good as the cash they give you for it.

Pete

Back