Shades of Blazing Saddles

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last night I found myself bailing out a buddy and cooking for our monthly Pinochle Night with the boys. On the menu was babyback ribs and smoke beans. And while I was at it I had some fun with a mini bacon explosion knock-off.

Ribs rubbed with the homemade stuff:

img_0820.jpg

Mini bacon explosion knock-off; bacon weave, leftover pulled pork, mozzarella cheese, onions, peppers, and rib rub:

img_0821.jpg

Ready for the WSM, ribs, bacon thingy, and beans:

img_0822.jpg

Beans on the bottom rack so that no juices escape:

img_0823.jpg

Ribs and bacon thingy on top:

img_0824.jpg

Ready to come off:

img_0825.jpg

Ribs ready to be foiled:

img_0826.jpg

Mini bacon thingy:

img_0827.jpg

Sizing things up; mini bacon thingy next to a rib:

img_0828.jpg

The innards:

img_0829.jpg

Ribs left behind for the family:

img_0830.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of the beans when they were finished, but I know they happened. Especially about 10:00 at night when they kicked in and card game reverted to a replay of that famous scene around the campfire in Blazing Saddles. Needless to say, the card came ended early last night... :icon_sick

bacon thingy is really called a fattie looks good ribs look good

Looks good. Surprised you aren't across the river doing the Thriftway Classic in Aloha this weekend.

Looks great bro...I like the amount of heat you put in your rub...:biggrin:

Bacon thingy? Looks good. Is there another thread on it?

Look up any thread on mini-bacon explosions; this is a take off on that. I have more details on a post I made about the cook, but no recipe as of yet.

bacon thingy is really called a fattie looks good ribs look good

It actually doesn't qualify as a fatty as it contains no sausage. I used leftover pulled pork instead.

Looks great! How'd you like that rub?

We love the rub, as do most of our friends. One of my card buddies can't handle the heat; another sweats the whole time he is eating and swears that he loves them anyway.

Looks good. Surprised you aren't across the river doing the Thriftway Classic in Aloha this weekend.

I'm going over this morning in a couple of hours to check it out and hope to see some of the brethren there. I'm not competing yet, and would like to participate as part of another team first before going it alone or trying to organize one. For now, I am still a comp virgin. :icon_shy

Back