"Spicy Challenge!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Nov.9th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Spicy Challenge!"

5NrtH3C.png

As chosen by SMOKE FREAK for winning the "Pulled Beef" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

SMOKE FREAK said:
With pepper harvest season upon us I would like to see a "Spicy!" Throwdown. Make something spicy - let's see if your entry photo can make us sweat!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/23 through Monday 11/9.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 11/9.

Click here to read the rules BEFORE you enter the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
COMING FRIDAY --> "Spicy Challenge!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Nov.9th!!

Have you done some research on what this product actually does to other human beings?

This seems to be the usual reaction:

tumblr_lqz8tyy53x1qf8wed.gif

Dunno....
The TD says “Spicy Challenge” and the chip is a spicy challenge.

Seems like it’s meant to be

For those so inclined, it might be entertaining to include a short video documenting the reaction from willing volunteers to the more spicy entries.

Not a requirement, just an idea...

Oh crap! What have I started...:noidea:

there's "spicy" and then there's stupid F-ing HOT...

I hope we see some of each in this throwdown.

FYI, Shagdog and I had a text exchange today about the Throwdown title shortly after I posted it. Originally, it was just "Spicy" Throwdown. After thinking about it for less than an hour, I felt "Spicy Challenge" would get more attention, plus it had a more "active" ring to it. Matt agreed, so here we are today, almost on page 2 with the possibility of deadly chips and embarrassing videos.

I'm sure we'll see quite a diverse bunch of entries in this, representing different levels of spicy. :thumb:

Hmmm. What to do with this extract I bought to keep someone from stealing my hot sauce at work (btw the thievery stopped).:mrgreen:

I take a slightly different approach - everywhere I work, I set up a "Hot Sauce Bar" in the lunch area/kitchenette. I buy 4-6 hot sauces and a tray to hold them. I label it "Hot Sauce Bar - Help Yourself"

People generally bring in their own and expand it. I currently have about 20 choices in the bar. I also put a "contribute for more sauces" cup out to buy more.

Beyond my initial investment, they have all been self-sustaining afterwards.

Got some chicken thighs in the fridge marinating in some Walkerswood Hot & Spicy since Monday night. Hopefully cook them Saturday or Sunday, that should make them nice & SPICY!!!

Back