"International Fare!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Sept.14th!!

Planned on a more comprehensive cook but time wouldn't allow. Please accept the second pic below as my entry to the International TD.

Picanha

O0gYIE7h.jpg

GTNtSDnh.jpg

7NIJ1rsh.jpg

I would like to enter the International Throwdown

I had totally planned something else for this but with all that is going on around here I just did not seem to get to what I originally wanted to do.

Cook thread – http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285434

Fish tacos, Mexican street corn, black beans and fried avocados
Please use the 1st photo

9-14-2.jpg

9-14.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of great entries :clap2: life got in the way and I didn't have a chance to toss my hat in the ring, but I want to eat them all.

Please accept this as my entry to this throw down.
Hungarian gulyas porkolt (goulash stew). Made with beef shank. Plated with nokedli or pearl dumplings as I call them in English, a kosher dill pickle or two and some home made artisan bread to mop up (it is a home meal after all) you might not want to mop in a restaurant.:tongue:
P.S. You all know what I did with the marrow bones.:mrgreen:

I had a brief PM exchange with George regarding his entry. It appeared that it might not have been grilled or smoked, but I wasn't entirely sure. He did confirm that no part of his entry was grilled or smoked, so unfortunately, won't be included in the poll. :cry:

Rule # 3 states:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This rule offers a pretty wide latitude of flexibility, especially as it relates to certain kinds of entries. For example, if George had grilled or smoked the beef shanks in his entry, it would have been totally acceptable, even if he had finished cooking his entry on the stove.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Disqualifying an entry is one of the least favorite things Shagdog and I have to do here, especially when someone puts a lot of time and effort into it as George did.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please take the time to read the simple rules before you enter Throwdowns:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]That is all...:yo:
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Back