Blanket in a Pig Fatty

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When the Throwdowns are announced, Moose or Shag include a past entry photo of a previous winner. Many times I click on the picture and review some of the previous Throwdown entry’s. Redhot’s Cinnamon/Apple Breakfast Fattie got me thinking about Fatties so I searched some previous Fatty Throwdowns and found a treasure trove of Fatty ideas to try. This one was from Ron L in 2010. Ron didn’t name his but I dub this the “Blanket in a Pig Fatty”.

Started out rolling 1 lb. of breakfast sausage in a gallon Ziploc. (There are 2 because I made a second, different, fatty) I put these in the fridge and proceeded to make up the other items.

Here are most of the ingredients.

I made Blueberry pancake and egg for us.

I also made this square one on the kamado for the fatty.

Once it was done I took one of my gallon Ziploc s out and cut the top off

and place the Blueberry pancake on it

and proceeded to roll it up.

I cooked these at 350 for 1 hour. I cooked on the upper rack because I wanted the dome to radiate heat onto the tops. (The bottom of the Breakfast Fatty Croissant got a little dark so next time I’ll adjust to a shorter time)

Here it is done

and sliced.

Here it is plated

and with some maple syrup and powdered sugar.
24945528354_919b2b27b8_b.jpg

It was very good! :thumb:

Last edited:
I do blueberry pancakes with sliced fattie on the side but have never though of rolling them up together. Nice, nice, nice!

Great idea guys, thanks for sharing!

Wow. That looks AMAZING. I love how light and fluffy the blanket is inside. My only worry would be that it would sponge up all of the fat and get super wet/dense.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Yeah, I know. I thought the same thing when I was writing it. For me though, having a nice fluffy pancake texture with that yummy sausage is the allure to doing something like this... not to mention a way to hold some of that syrup that's drizzled over it.

That is some crazy stuff right there! Where do you guys come up with these ideas. Never mind I can't cook worth a flip anyway.

I do blueberry pancakes with sliced fattie on the side but have never though of rolling them up together. Nice, nice, nice!
Thank you cheez. I never would've thought about it either. That's why I did some research.

That came out beautiful!

I guess I didn't name mine, but we did call it a blanket in a pig :thumb:

Here is my original...

P1160365.JPG
Thank you Ron. It was a great idea and it turned out great. When I saw yours I immediately thought of Pigs in a Blanket only reversed. I looked to see if you named yours but didn't see one. Maybe you did in your cook thread but I didn't see it.

Back