Catering insurance.

P

PollardsVision

I'm getting closer to getting everything set-up for catering, trying to get everything set for the 1st of July.
I'll be starting with smaller events (25-75) and growing from there.

-Got the HD application process going and that seems to be going well, though I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way.

-Thanks to billm in one of other threads, I found some Carlisle end loaders at a good price ($170 @ equippers.com) that'll be here Friday.

-Luckily, I've got a Sam's about 2 miles away.

I need to start looking for an insurance policy. What companies provide it? Do you guys have any recommendations of some places to start looking?

Start with your current insurance provider, they may offer a general liability policy or can at least refer you to a company that can.

auto owners. There's a thread in this section with all kinds of comments on insurance. Just need to search

Thanks guys. I'll start with my auto provider and go from there.

I got a $1M liability umbrella from our auto folks for $180 for the year.

How many of the Carlisle units did you order and which model? I've got two to start with myself, not sure if I will need more or less but that felt right to me based on the casual jobs I've done.

I got a $1M liability umbrella from our auto folks for $180 for the year.

How many of the Carlisle units did you order and which model? I've got two to start with myself, not sure if I will need more or less but that felt right to me based on the casual jobs I've done.

I got 2 as well. That's what I can afford for now and I'll be starting with pretty small jobs.

I have 1mill general liability from the Hartford and can give you the contact of my agent, granted I do contacted telcom work gen liability is gen liability. This agent is very good and might even be able to find you someone in your area.

Regards,
J

I suggest if you do any events with alcohol you may want to just start with an insurance policy for hte general liability with a liquour rider. I started with a general then we went to a facility that required that I have liquer lability insurance in addition to my general liability. The facility would provide one for 150.00 for the day but I found to wrap it into one I provide an additional service and then we dont need a day alcohol permit from the state and the facilities fee. Just a suggestion.

Big Mike
Flying Barracuda

I have "The Hartford" as well...(liability)...very reasonable rates and very good service. The'll give you a quote over the internet...easy peasy...:cool:

call Steve Raab from Fat Angel BBQ, he does The hartford and many other companies. I have multiple companies insured through him and he is the best easiest agent ever. One call and its done. 1-646-823-3247 Tell him I sent you. Matt from Jacked Up BBQ

Back