She's get'n close fell'yas

S

smythers1968

Well today I went by the fab shop and it's getting really close to being done. There are only a couple of things left the smoke stack, removing the storage rack at the top, installing the door seals and building some cook shelves.

I am wanting to try and finish it up this weekend. Since the fark'n post office took the day off I won't get my stoker until tomorrow. I want to try and run it this weekend to see what she does.

Would have taken more pics but ya all know how them farkn battries are

What ya all think of the Stump's Fridge?

DSCF0604640x480.jpg

DSCF0601640x480.jpg

DSCF0602640x480.jpg

DSCF0603640x480.jpg

Looks good so far. Are you planning to insulate the firebox? If not you will most likely turn that pretty white fridge a different color.
Keep us posted on the progress.

Looks cool! I think your grate at the bottom of the fire box might have to much open space. The pre heated charcoal or lump may go right threw it when you drop it 4 feet. I have a 1/2 inch space between my bars seems to be ok.

Thanks MOOCOW, I have two 1/2" flat expanded metal to sit on top of the grate. I was going to use one for charcoal and both of them and try pellets. Ployboy said he can burn pellets this way.

Thanks for the imput.

Looks good... Can't wait to see her cooking up a storm!

How tall is that chute??? I am 6'3 and from the looks of it, I would need a step stool. How about a Grease Drain?? How about the Fire box Shield inside the Fridge?? If you are going to use a Stoker on the Draft, it will blow a good size fire (even throttled back) into the cooker, you will need some sort of Metal Difuser to even out the heat.

Keep going, as I want to see how well it will work.

PS - the charcoal shoot if not insulated will get hot, be careful

Where is everyone getting these cool pull tight latches for these builds?? I want some!
Good sources for the latches are McMaster Carr or Reid Tool.I have used both.I have not looked for them in other supply warehouses as these two have been able to fill my needs.

PM me if you want me to get you some.

I will find out how much they are and can let you know. The other option is to look in a local phone book for a steel fab place and get them there.

Good sources for the latches are McMaster Carr or Reid Tool.I have used both.I have not looked for them in other supply warehouses as these two have been able to fill my needs.

Thanks! I will check there.

...The other option is to look in a local phone book for a steel fab place and get them there.

I am a metal fab shop. :roll:

That is a cool idea.

My wife was bitching about the UDS. She said it was ugly. Duhh! What do you think the "U" in "UDS" even stands for woman?

I should get me a fridge and convert it into a smoker and put it on the back deck. That'll teach her to stop botherin me.

That is a cool idea.

My wife was bitching about the UDS. She said it was ugly. Duhh! What do you think the "U" in "UDS" even stands for woman?

I should get me a fridge and convert it into a smoker and put it on the back deck. That'll teach her to stop botherin me.

LOL! I would park a car in the front yard and start tearing it apart and stop and 2/3 with it on blocks. That'll teach her!

Back