logo

Lined Drums?

Crüe-B-Cüe

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have ran across an unlimited supply of open head drums. They had floor dry in them. Basically the kitty litter kind. The only problem I see is they are lined. Will this burn out, or do you have to go to town with a wire wheel? I can get them for $10 each, but was wondering if they would be more trouble than they are worth.

Burn it out. Residual could be wire brushed easily.

What about Bead Blasting them? Industrial painter or a body shop.

I gotta go see what kind of shape they are in. Will probably go Wednesday. Everything shuts down here tomorrow for Mardi Gras. I also foound a feed store that claims to have new ones for $10 also. I can't imagine, but I'm going to go check it out anyway. I though about building up a bunch and selling them locally. Alabama, Auburn and Mardi Gras colors would sell around here. My folks like theirs so much, all their friends want one. Heck, I ship so much frieght, with my discounts, I could ship anywhere in the U.S. for $150 and under. One of my car lift suppliers visited the other day and wants me to ship him one to California. I have tried to tell some of these people how easy it is to build one, but they would rather pay me. I don't mind making a few extra bucks.

Back