Sausages & Beer

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, no pictures of the beer (Fat Tyre Pale Ale), but here's some of the chicken-apple sausages, onions and peppers, grill fries (trashbag taters in disguise), and green beans in foil. I called it dinner...

Everything on the grill:

img_0435.jpg

Ready to plate:

img_0437.jpg

Sausages, onions, and peppers:

img_0438.jpg

Grill fries:

img_0440.jpg

Green beans out of the foil:

img_0439.jpg

No leftovers, sorry...

Wow, That looks good Zydeco! Love everything!

Looks mighty tasty. I made a nice stockpile of sausage for this years grilling and swilling season.

I'm going to have to try the grill fries, looks good.

Ken

Did you make the sausage?

Nope, it was some Aidells chicken-apple from Costco. Very tasty!

Everything looks good. Have never seen a wire basket like that where did you get it?
Dave

The wire basket came from a local Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I think I previously mis-reported getting this from a Cost Plus, but She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed corrected me afterward. It's a little on the large size, but the removable handle and tight-fitting lid are actually pretty cool. I've only used it a few times, so it will be interesting to see how well it holds up under repeated use...

My kind of meal, it looks GREAT!
How were the fries?
What was the Temp and for how long?

Weiser

Well, no pictures of the beer (Fat Tyre Pale Ale), but here's some of the chicken-apple sausages, onions and peppers, grill fries (trashbag taters in disguise), and green beans in foil. I called it dinner...

Everything on the grill:

No leftovers, sorry...

My kind of meal, it looks GREAT!
How were the fries?
What was the Temp and for how long?

Weiser

Fries were a variation on Trashbag Potatoes... I cut them up smaller (like fries), threw them in a leftover veggie bag from the grocery store, and added some olive oil, granulated garlic, mesquite seasoning (Kirkland, from Costco), and a little salt. You then shake the bag up and put them on the kettle (indirect) for about 30 minutes, shaking them up about every 10 minutes or so. Sometimes they take a little longer to cook, and you can always crisp them up by moving them over the flame for the last few minutes of the cook.

All I can say is that the family is begging for more...

Thanks Paws, sounds right to me.
I love using the plastic bags as shaker bags.

Will 250* over direct heat on the UDS work?
Times can be adjusted.

Weiser

Fries were a variation on Trashbag Potatoes... I cut them up smaller (like fries), threw them in a leftover veggie bag from the grocery store, and added some olive oil, granulated garlic, mesquite seasoning (Kirkland, from Costco), and a little salt. You then shake the bag up and put them on the kettle (indirect) for about 30 minutes, shaking them up about every 10 minutes or so. Sometimes they take a little longer to cook, and you can always crisp them up by moving them over the flame for the last few minutes of the cook.

All I can say is that the family is begging for more...

Thanks Paws, sounds right to me.
I love using the plastic bags as shaker bags.

Will 250* over direct heat on the UDS work?
Times can be adjusted.

Weiser

I've never tried these on the smoker (but might tomorrow, since I'm doing a couple of pork butts), but I've done baked potatoes and yams before with no issues. I generally run the OTG between 350* and 400* (when I actually bother to read the temps), so you would have to lengthen the cook time.

I imagine they would work, but you might have a problem getting them browned. I don't have any experience with a UDS, but from what I've seen other brethren do with them I bet you could pull it off...

I was thinking that they would end up being a soggy
bunch of crap at that temp.
Then again... how about this idea.
Smoke the Fries @ 250* till tender, pull them
and then fry till browned? I have a Disc, this may work.
Yum, smoked fries. :p

Weiser

I've never tried these on the smoker (but might tomorrow, since I'm doing a couple of pork butts), but I've done baked potatoes and yams before with no issues. I generally run the OTG between 350* and 400* (when I actually bother to read the temps), so you would have to lengthen the cook time.

I imagine they would work, but you might have a problem getting them browned. I don't have any experience with a UDS, but from what I've seen other brethren do with them I bet you could pull it off...

I was thinking that they would end up being a soggy
bunch of crap at that temp.
Then again... how about this idea.
Smoke the Fries @ 250* till tender, pull them
and then fry till browned? I have a Disc, this may work.
Yum, smoked fries. :p

Weiser

That sounds like a great idea! Let me know how it works out.

Back