New Fire Pit and Smoker Pad

Libertarian

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thought I would share a few photos of the family Christmas gift this year (my wife and I didn't do presents for each other - just this). It's 20' x 20' and will be the home of my Pitmaker Safe, my Kamado Joe and my TBD offset pit. Was very happy with the way it came out. The grout is still drying.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Congrats! Plenty of good times and food in your future.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I most certainly did not do this myself - I wouldn't even know where to begin on a job like this. Had some guys who do tile work and started doing fire pits do it. The brick is old Charleston brick from a torn down schoolhouse. They dug about four inches into the ground, filled with slag rock, concrete over top of that and then the brick. The pit is lined with fire bricks but has a drain in the bottom (accessible by removing a brick) that drains out into my back bed. That makes it useful for oysters (once I get a stainless oyster pan made for it) and even for barbecue should I decide to go that route.

Looks nice...there will be some good times cookin and hanging out around that fine piece of work.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to moving the smokers back there next week. Now I just need to find that perfect offset smoker to round out my fleet. Once I have the oyster pan made I'll post pictures for those of you who can get fresh oysters and enjoy a good oyster roast. Merry Christmas!

Thanks guys! Looking forward to moving the smokers back there next week. Now I just need to find that perfect offset smoker to round out my fleet. Once I have the oyster pan made I'll post pictures for those of you who can get fresh oysters and enjoy a good oyster roast. Merry Christmas!

A little late to the party on this one but that looks fantastic!

Looks like a good place to sit back, watch the pits and have a few cold ones. (hint, hint):becky:

Back