First Fatty (of many!!)

fish1sw

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
More and more impressed with my newly built Mini-WSM smokey joe mod.

First fatty primed and ready to go. Jimmy Dean 1lb, cheddar cheese, some peppers, bacon weave and a sprinkle of rib rub.

5783e81e.jpg

Finished to perfection on the Mini (I'm starting to learn the temp adjustments and fuel usage, and loving every second of the journey.)

e3a765ad.jpg

Rave reviews!!

3cc3e9fd.jpg

Nice. I did my first Fatty on Friday night (no pr0n) with similar ingredients. However I used Potatoes O'brien since it had the potatoes, peppers and onions. Also used cheddar cheese like you did, with 1 lb of Jimmy Dean regular and 1 lb of Jimmy Dean hot. Turned out really good, but I thought it was better when I sliced it and threw the slices into a frying pan and seared them. Kinda liked the seared sausage crunch, but it was good both ways. I didn't do the bacon wrap either.

Try the Frattie I made up, 2lbs ground lamb, a container of feta, rub and a cross rolled bacon lattice then topped with a homemade tzatziki with a full bulb of garlic in it for that garlic sting. It is off the chain good. I have found rolling the fatty starting from the corner of the lattice allows for a better roll and tuck, as well as presentation.

Back