What a great Day

U

UNCLE EGGY

Just swaped up for a Medium spice wine, and have been testing it for about a week( not cooking just playing with time and temps.) So saturday night my wife tells me we are having company for my birthday and she wants her mom and dad to try boston butt, Ha! my birthday and I gotta cook, Just great!So up at 4am get the spice fired up, rub up the butts, (by the way Willie Burbon is Great) and put em in. Well where has this machine been all my bbq life 2 chimneys of lunp 1 hunk of apple 1 of pecan the remote thermo and great googa mooga, no look butts. Took em out at 185 wraped em in foil and apple juice let em go to 200 took em out let em rest and when we sat down to eat dropped em on a platter no forks just fffwump PORK PUDDING Dad was so impressed I have just become good enough for his little girl( after 25 years) also he got about 4 lbs of take out. Just had to tell someone about today you got to share when it's good. Well night all see you at Tanger. Eric :becky:

Dad was so impressed I have just become good enough for his little girl

Quite the milestone. A few things about my father-in-law:

1. He is a brilliant man and a role model father and husband whom I constantly strive to emulate most of the time.
2. His version of low-and-slow is putting a rack of ribs on one side of his gas grill while only lighting one burner on the other end and keeping it as low as possible for 8 or 9 hours.

His words last night after my quasi-successful attempt at ribs on my UDS (had major temp problems at first): "You are the rib KING!" ...you heard it here folks...:thumb: We are always having friendly cooking competitions and since I built my UDS, I have been winning every time.

Seriously, it's a total turn on for my wife when her dad complements me...but that's another forum all together...LOL. Okay, okay...didn't mean to hijack your thread...sounds like we both had great days yesterday!

Back