MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default Anyone in the NJ area

Want to rent a large rig for a weekend. I will do it at your place if needed. About midway through June I will need to cook off about 20 cases of butts, 20 cases of ribs, 700lbs of brisket, and a undetermined amount of chicken.

I am doing a huge vending event and have a lot of small follow up catering gigs. From what I was told, the vending event has the potential to swallow this amount up. I have eeverything I need to handle the event but the cooker to smoke in thes masses. HELP I could not say NO?

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Tinybud
Take a breath!

you'll need more than one cooker for all that,,I have some vending events scheduled for may and june,, but if the weekend you are doing this is free, I could take a trip out with my 6' southern yankee. It'll hold 5-6 cases of butts at one time. won't know for sure till later in march what weekends I'll be vending.
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

thanks I'll keep in touch

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Let me know your dates I roadside vend 5 days a week you can use what ever you want if you can can it up here. I will have a BWS Competitor and profesional and a Meadow Creek PR60 pig cooker/grill at your disposal
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sorry I'm so far away... I think it would be a blast just to see that much cooked!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Sorry I'm so far away... I think it would be a blast just to see that much cooked!
Ya thats alot of farkin meat!! I haven't done an event that big yet.he will have his hands full and then some!!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I'm stupid, I have no idea why I did this, but the end result could be great. I guess we will see.

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

You may be running around like a one armed paper hanger but please have someone take pics.
MrsMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Thanks everyone

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Old 02-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
Michael in PA
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC PIG ASSASSINS View Post
From what I was told, the vending event has the potential to swallow this amount up.
Please be careful! I was told about such an event a few years ago. Live 8 in philadelphia. We cooked almost 6,000 lbs of pork. Sold less than a tenth of it. It was a very unpleasant experience...

I have a catering gig on June 13. If you can work around that, you are welcome to use my large Klose. It can do up to 950 lbs of pork at a time but works more efficiently with about 750-800 lbs.