Post photos of your Open-Air Utility (BBQ) Trailer

WSM2

Reaction score
Hi Gang-

I am looking to build an open air utility trailer for my Stumps Stretch and was wanting to see some other examples of either your build, or maybe those of others you have seen while at competitions. Maybe you have a trailer for your own catering needs you can share.

• Please post photos?
• What do you think are necessities? i.e., propane tank & burner, etc...
• What is a good size? 6x10?, 7x12?, or larger, or maybe smaller?
• Single Axle or Double?

Thanks

Small open Trailer

Here is a small trailer with a Backwoods Fatboy.

46MVC-012E.jpg

45MVC-014E.jpg

Dave

PM Tim a.k.a. The Kapn. His big-ole yellow bananna trailer rocks.:cool: He's even a Fla. Brother.

PM Tim a.k.a. The Kapn. His big-ole yellow bananna trailer rocks.:cool: He's even a Fla. Brother.

That would be CheKetta.
Lots of pics here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34015&highlight=CHEKEETA

She worked wonderful, but we got tired of the weather and built Sherman:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69464&highlight=sherman

Sherman works great and keeps us out of the weather.

CheKetta is still with us--frame only.

PM me if you would like to look at her for ideas or whatever.
I'm in Marianna.

TIM

Here's mine:
MyGrill003.jpg

Dave that is very close to what I am thinking of doing. Thank you all for the other photos.

...and keep them coming. I know there's more we can share and learn from.

ohhh shiny...i like shiny. but it does look like you gotta use it :becky:
Yes, very shiny, it was brand new there and I hadn't fired it up yet. Since then, I have changed out the expanded metal to rolled steel. This is a pic at a catering job after I took the meat off. What was a I thinking :doh:.

8-21-10004.jpg

So here is another catering job with a load of chicken.

cateringMayNissenPark9-19-09011.jpg

So here is another catering job with a load of chicken.

So Dave, where does one look to find a grill like yours, with the pulley type grate lift? Is there a brand name? And if you don't mind me asking, what sort of price range did that fall in?
Thanks

So Dave, where does one look to find a grill like yours, with the pulley type grate lift? Is there a brand name? And if you don't mind me asking, what sort of price range did that fall in?
Thanks

That's a Santa Maria style grill. Just google Santa Maria grill and you'll find lots of info. :thumb:

Thanks
As Kyle said, it is a Santa Maria style grill, and most anyone with some welding skills can make one for you, but most manufacturers are on the west coast. I can't give you an idea of price of mine because it was custom made, and all part of the entire trailer package. Total price of the trailer was about 22K. I just bought one from Santa Maria Grill Outfitters for the the backyard, which was $455.00 for a 24" x 36", (the one on my trailer is 24" x 48".) They are out of Santa Maria CA, so shipping to your neck of the woods would probably put the price way out of range, but here is a picture to give you an idea. But what the heck, give them a call and ask them what it would cost to have one shipped. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SantaMariagrill007.jpg

SantaMariagrill006.jpg

Thanks guys... the photos have really helped me brainstorm and put my own unique set-up together.

Hope you all have continued success.

Back