• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket: All Nighter

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
“Now it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night”

-Bellamy Brothers

Smoking my first brisket in several years and the very first on my new Shirley.
Gonna put it on tonight and hopefully have tender juicy brisket by 6pm tomorrow

Brisket paper wrap and a long rest are in the plans and I know I want to keep it between 180 & 275F, other than that I’m completely winging it here.

I do enjoy the occasional all night smoking session, but it’s been awhile

Being a knight of Pork, brisket perfection has always been a mystery to me

7226fd4b509ab6683028faeca61e898a.jpg

From what I have seen of your recent cooks, this one is in the bag. I have no doubt that by this time tomorrow, there will be drooling, blank stares at computer monitors and phone screens everywhere.

Following this one. I have only done 1 brisket so far on my 24x36 using Bludawgs writeup and it was great. I’m sure yours will be killer.

Hey! I’m gonna be up with you for a good part of it I’m doing an 18 pounder on my Brazos tonight, probably start around 8 or so..... same routine low and slow long as I can stand it but then it’s gonna finish in the Rec Tec - just how I have to roll now I’m gettin older - body just hates me if I push it all night.... I have been pining for a Shirley - got all riled up when the 24x36 came available with less wait but just found out the shipping is gonna kill me..... debating driving it but that old body hating thing crops again :)

Fine lookin’ specimen and the necessary equipment to make it happen !!!!
Lookin’ forward to the pics in the AM !!!!
And all the smiling faces,,,,

Hey! I’m gonna be up with you for a good part of it I’m doing an 18 pounder on my Brazos tonight, probably start around 8 or so..... same routine low and slow long as I can stand it but then it’s gonna finish in the Rec Tec - just how I have to roll now I’m gettin older - body just hates me if I push it all night.... I have been pining for a Shirley - got all riled up when the 24x36 came available with less wait but just found out the shipping is gonna kill me..... debating driving it but that old body hating thing crops again :)

I may cheat....

Once I wrap with butcher paper, I may stick it in my Humphreys to finish so I can go to bed for a few hours

Back