MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

Thumbs up Shoutout to Brethren Businesses!

Hey y'all, I want to start a shout out thread to our local Brethren Businesses!

I have only dealt with a couple but of them, they are better businessmen then any other business I have ever, ever, ever in my 39 years of life dealt with.

When one of these brethren says they will do something, it gets done and quickly at that.

The 2 I have had personal dealing with so far are Mike of Oakridge BBQ and Steph of Simply Marvelous. If I could high five and make them the drink of their choice I would and give them each a gold medal.

To me, Mike Trump has become a sort of hero so I am super biased in my opinion but still the company rocks!!

And Steph is just Simply Marvelous himself!

I know someday I will buy from Ryan at The Rub Co, and some Pork Pullin Plowboys stuff too.

Please post in here and let these guys/gals know how farking awesome they are.

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Plowboys rubs are a must try. I think Yardbird might have crack in it.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

I agree 100% with you about Steph, I've actually had him call me concerning an order. Stand up guy!
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

You know, I totally forgot about Fred at Fredsbbqandmusicsupply.com

This guy has so many videos about regular food to cook and tons of supplies and to top it off his free samples move so fast to your house, you would think you purchased them.

So hats off to Fred Bernardo, aka The Smokin Guitar player too!!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

Just a bump, to see if anyone else would like to put some good vibes out there for our fellow brethren businessmen.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
ianjoe
Full Fledged Farker

Tom was great to deal with at Big Butz. I've got nothing but good things to say about him.
ianjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I count amongst my friends and folks I do business with:

Big Brother Smoke - Simply Marvelous (rubs and catering)
BigButz - Big Butz (sauce and rubs)
GreenleafBBQ - Greenleaf BBQ (my local BBQ shop and tap room)
Plowboys - Plowboys (rubs)
BBQ Bubba - Great Lakes BBQ Supply (BBQ rubs and sauces)
BBQ PD - Bart's Blazin' Q (sauce and catering)
Ryan - The Rub Company (rubs)
Smokejumpers - Red Boat Fish Sauce

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

Chris Perres at Cajun Bandit is a hell of a guy.
troytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
Murray in N.Z.
On the road to being a farker

Steve 5 O BBQ is a pretty darned good bloke, its easier dealing with him on the other side of the world than some of our local traders.
Muzza.
Murray in N.Z. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
Phubar

Don't Phorget Todd's Dirt!
I love that stuPh!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #11
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Gotta give props to Jay at Spicewine (great rubs & sauces, haven't tried his smokers) and RonL's Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee (dang mighty fine coffee beans).

gtr's Big Pig Roast in SoCal 9-1-2019 (link)

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #12
deguerre

From whom I've order from so far: Todd's Dirt, Simply Marvelous, Oakridge, The Rub Co., Great Lakes BBQ, Big Ron and Big Poppa Smokers are all exemplary examples of what's GOOD about marketers in America. Simply outstanding outfits with great products. However, I have to give a special shout out to Tom of Big Butz. He simply went above and beyond for me once and I'll never forget that. Tom, YOU know what I mean.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I haven't done business with all of the Brethren out there directly, but I do use a lot of their products through the guys at Great Lakes BBQ Supply (SpyderMike72 and BBQ Bubba). They carry a wide variety of brethren products and are nice guys (Don't tell Bubba I said that ).

Todd at Plowboys is a good friend and one of the good guys in BBQ. But, I wouldn't use his products if I didn't believe in him. We have Yardbird and Bovine Bold on the counter right next to the salt and pepper and Todd's Jerk seasoning is always nearby.

I've met Steph and it would be hard to find a nicer guy and love his products.

While I still haven't had a chance to meet Jay at Spicewine in person, he's been a good friend through the Brethren for years! If you haven't tried his rubs and sauces you are missing something! I've given his Blue Collar sauce to a few friends and family and they all say it is their new favorite sauce.

Todd's Dirt are also great rubs. We had pork chops with Todd's original last night and I need more.

I've also dealt with Big Poppa Smokers and can't say enough about their customer service. Great people to deal with.

Naked Fatties Rock!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Campchef FTG600/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 AM   #14
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

The name says it all ~ Simply Marvelous!
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #15
Dragonfly
Full Fledged Farker

I just received my sample pack along with some Venison Rub from Oakridge BBQ, can't wait to try it all! I will be patronizing other brethren businesses as well, just getting started. This forum is packed full of great people!!