Sponsor Letters

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Does anyone have any sponsor letters or other information you send to businesses asking them to sponsor you? I am not the best person to ask for money from strangers.

Buster, glad you asked. I have also been wondering how to approach this and the steps to follow.

I want to say that Dr BBQ posted something on here a few years ago? Can't really see that it was on that other Forum, as it would of been deleted...

What type of businesses are you looking at for sponsorship? Some may donate money while others may want to donate product.

What type of businesses are you looking at for sponsorship? Some may donate money while others may want to donate product.
Well, knowing they can always say no, I am looking at two fold. I want to approach businesses that may have locations in areas we compete and then I want to hit up local businesses in contest areas. Really I am looking to get money. If I have to hand out products so be it. People at contest take anything thats free.

Well, knowing they can always say no, I am looking at two fold. I want to approach businesses that may have locations in areas we compete and then I want to hit up local businesses in contest areas. Really I am looking to get money. If I have to hand out products so be it. People at contest take anything thats free.

From what I've seen unless you offer the company something in return their a little tight when it comes to just "donating to the cause" Have you thought about cooking up some Q and taking by a place that maybe interested? Heck, if they like it they may pay you to cater their office party or something at a comp. I realize we don't want to take away from the comp, but maybe a thursday thing. Heck you may get a return on your comp investment that way.

To whom it may concern,

Give me money.

- Buster D
How's this.

Dear Plowboys BBQ,

I noticed you sell your rub at my local Bass Pro Shop. It would be great if you could give me $5,000 plus 10 cases of rub samples to hand out in our area.

Sincerely, the Buster D.

From what I've seen unless you offer the company something in return their a little tight when it comes to just "donating to the cause" Have you thought about cooking up some Q and taking by a place that maybe interested? Heck, if they like it they may pay you to cater their office party or something at a comp. I realize we don't want to take away from the comp, but maybe a thursday thing. Heck you may get a return on your comp investment that way.
Yes, definately something I would be willing to do without a doubt. Even offered some demo cooks on the eggs.

How's this.

Dear Plowboys BBQ,

I noticed you sell your rub at my local Bass Pro Shop. It would be great if you could give me $5,000 plus 10 cases of rub samples to hand out in our area.

Sincerely, the Buster D.

Dear Buster D,

Our people will call your people. Is it okay if the check is 3'x6'?

Sincerely, Plowboys BBQ

Seriously - it's not give me money. Tell them what you can do for them. hard to beleive but it's about "what's in it for me if I give you money or product".

Example - Dear Kyle I love using your rub and as I'm a winning cook I'd like to help you promote your rub in our part of the country. In return for supplying me with a 25 lb bag of Kyle Style Perk Up Your Pork I would proudly display a banner and talk to folks about your rubs and where to buy them.

Note: the Slabs are friends of mine and I do use their product and I do have a banner supplied by Steph that I put up at contests and when vending. I'm hoping I can get something made up to put on the trailer that I don't have to put up and down each time. And they are not my Sponsor, I just believe in giving credit where it's due.

I strongly suggest that you check with the contest organizer before handing things out to the public. That's called sampling and many events have exclusive rights with certain sponsors for sampling.

Eric

I think Hawgeye Mike mentioned something about how he chooses teams to sponsor, or something to that effect on the Board Where All Posts Are Deleted. He mentioned something about teams needing to be willing to give companies a portion of the winnings because a business would see their sponsorship as something of an investment. So if a sponsor agrees to pay entry fees, for example, then the team agrees to give a portion of their total winnings in return. In that case it's less about advertising and more about investing in a team.

I may be misremembering and I don't have the stomach to go through the hassle of checking past posts on the other forum to make sure I'm right.

I think Hawgeye Mike mentioned something about how he chooses teams to sponsor, or something to that effect on the Board Where All Posts Are Deleted. He mentioned something about teams needing to be willing to give companies a portion of the winnings because a business would see their sponsorship as something of an investment. So if a sponsor agrees to pay entry fees, for example, then the team agrees to give a portion of their total winnings in return. In that case it's less about advertising and more about investing in a team.

I may be misremembering and I don't have the stomach to go through the hassle of checking past posts on the other forum to make sure I'm right.

If this is the case, it sounds like a credit card might be an easier way to pay up front for your expenses. lol.

Back