• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

I'm still STUFFED - havnt eaten today yet even. Aside from the Hurricane Winds it was Great! Being a Texas Bash we had 3 Briskets and NO Pulled Pork......:biggrin1:

A fellar has suggested maybe meeting up at BBQ Joint in Dallas this summer and let someone else cook for us in the Heat - so watch for that.

Come October we'll have a Fall Bash. :heh:

Great photos and thanks for the names Peeps!! I recognized Charles and you but was not sure about the rest.
I have a question.
Did you ever finish the CABO? Looks like the level in the jug wasn't going down very fast even with everyone taking a "pull". :becky:
Looks like you all had a great time! :thumb:

Great photos and thanks for the names Peeps!! I recognized Charles and you but was not sure about the rest.
I have a question.
Did you ever finish the CABO? Looks like the level in the jug wasn't going down very fast even with everyone taking a "pull". :becky:
Looks like you all had a great time! :thumb:
A few of us took another pull or two or three :becky:....but we did no finish the Cabo.

That wind sure was a beating! Did anyone manage to get that bag off caseydog?

225BB083-65D8-485C-A2C1-FEC5A7C4300D.jpg

It almost tried to suffocate a brisket, too!

87419554-6B23-469A-8BC0-E2E7A7ABAEEE.jpg

Love the pictures. Would be interesting to go to a SoTex Bash...
It all starts with just picking a date and a locale and hoping some others can join you. Set it up and see how it goes...

I think we gave the SoCal brethren a new bar to get over. The food was really, really good, and most of it was cooked in near hurricane force winds.

For those who weren't there, sitting down at a table and eating off a plate wasn't happening. The wind would have sent your plate of food flying. I saw one plate of food take off while it was being loaded. Several beverages got spilled by the wind. That wind was insane.

All the food was really good. Russ's chicken and Dave's brisket blew me away (pardon the pun).

Cowgirl, if I didn't have to drive home that evening, that Cabo would have been gone. :becky:

CD

I am whooped and headed off for bed after a couple fingers of Garrison Bros Bourbon and some southern pecan brown ale with frognot and family...

Let's just say that if peeps' FIL was pouring Cabo instead of Garrison Bros ( a really fine bourbon made in central Texas) as our nightcaps, the jug level would be quite a bit lower . . . he serves a "generous" pour . . .

Let's just say that if peeps' FIL was pouring Cabo instead of Garrison Bros ( a really fine bourbon made in central Texas) as our nightcaps, the jug level would be quite a bit lower . . . he serves a "generous" pour . . .
We would have needed several bottles of Cabo if he was serving it for everyone at the bash!!!

I got back from putting Tyler to bed and couldn't believe the pour size!!! And despite a whole day of beer drinkin' and a big bourbon nightcap, I couldn't sleep...

Looks like a great time!

And some damn good eats for sure :thumb: great job guys

Will try not to be too long-winded (appropriate pun considered weather yesterday) but it was a most excellent party. Great fellowship, food and fun meeting new friends and getting reacquainted with friends that were met once before. Gotta give a high five to peeps , who was instrumental in making this Bash the success it was. Just wish the rain hadn't stopped us from enjoying your breakfast tacos (we want a rain check!)

Next time i'm am so shigging DaveAlvarado (just kidding, then i wouldn't get to visit with everybody else and they were such a cool bunch that i "worked the room" trying to hear everything, which was made harder by the crazy wind. Case in point, when peeps tried to introduce me to dwfisk, i thought Dave was peeps' FIL. BTW, Dave had on a Florida cap and a fisherman's shirt. And that's before me any consuming any alcohol).

Door prizes were awesome. How awesome you may ask. Let's just say i received a box of Stark disposable cutting boards and some 5 gallon bucket liners and six bottles of rub (Three from All Things BBQ, Cattleman's Cowboy, Steakhouse and California Tri-Tip; SimpllyMarvelous Popitude, Spicewine Heffer Dust and Ted & Barney's Butcher's Blend.)

A great big Texas MUCHAS GRACIAS to Matthew, Josh, Steph, Big Poppa, Jay, Ted & Barney.

Just wish the rain hadn't stopped us from enjoying your breakfast tacos (we want a rain check!)
Sure...especially since we took off before giving you any of the Nettles Sausage that dwfisk left with me. :wink:

Coach Jones, when you get a chance, could you ask your wife to pass along her corn dip recipe? It sure was delish and would love to add it to my dip rotation if she doesn't mind sharing :becky:

A couple of Bash Bites:

"My dad has a lotta pictures of food on his phone but none of his kids" *

"I can tell by the smell that's brisket. That's my favorite kind of BBQ" (Before removing my brisket from the butcher paper). "That really looks great" (and when asked if she would like the first piece) "Oh, yes, please!" *

"Now we have something good!" Dave's son Mac when he saw my wife's brownies.

"I'm pretty sure cowgirl is more than one person. I don't one person can do that much"

*Not sure of the young lady's name who made these two comments, she was constantly chasing flying plates and cups for us.

Coach Jones, when you get a chance, could you ask your wife to pass along her corn dip recipe? It sure was delish and would love to add it to my dip rotation if she doesn't mind sharing :becky:

YES PLEASE !.....!............:becky:

A couple of Bash Bites:

"My dad has a lotta pictures of food on his phone but none of his kids" *

"I can tell by the smell that's brisket. That's my favorite kind of BBQ" (Before removing my brisket from the butcher paper). "That really looks great" (and when asked if she would like the first piece) "Oh, yes, please!" *

"Now we have something good!" Dave's son Mac when he saw my wife's brownies.

"I'm pretty sure cowgirl is more than one person. I don't one person can do that much"

*Not sure of the young lady's name who made these two comments, she was constantly chasing flying plates and cups for us.
I liked this this one from erbeman's daughter while DaveAlvarado was slicing the ribs...

"I don't know what all of y'all are eating because THOSE are MINE!" :rofl:

We had the same wind north of you guys. My EZ-up folded (with no sides on) and a table loaded with about 60-80lbs just blew over.

It makes it a little easier for me because I almost loaded up the truck and headed to Dallas before I lighted the smokers Saturday morning. 20mph+ is too much wind for me. I would have been twice as upset if I had packed up to move 4 hrs just to still be cooking in the wind.

Back