MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #16
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub
Thanks Chad!

You may have seen us there at some point. We've probably done it a half dozen times in the past year. There is a chance we'll be there this month. Do you come over for them often?
I haven't made it Winter Haven, but have been to Plant City. I was watching Brighthouse 47 the other day with the "local" bike TV show and they panned the strip in Winter Haven and I thought I saw your banner. How big a hassle is vending at one of those events? I've thought about doing Plant City and Winter Haven isn't too much farther.

You going to make it to Brooksville on the 13/14 of October? I'm judging that one - I've been a bit lazy this year getting my judging duty done.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #17
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Dang, now I'm confused: is it Chad or Dave?

Oh yeah, I'll be at Brooksville. Gotta cook all the FBAs that I can for points.

It's not too bad to vend at the WH Fest. Last one we did it rained and all I did was barely cover my costs. I'll never get rich, but we do have fun and make some good catering contacts. I'll have to tell my "Swamp Babes" that they may have been on TV.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 AM   #18
homebbq
Full Fledged Farker

Hey Tim, thanks for coming by, and especially for the buscuits and gravy... Special thanks to Walt, this would not have happened without him, and thanks to Rub for helping me throughout the class... We had a great time, and look forward to doing this again...
www.outdoorcookingchannel.com
homebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #19
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

A couple of Pics courtesy Rub's web site at www.swampboys.com.

They are of Kevin pondering a student's rib question (or something like that ) and Walt's shrimp boil to die for.

TIM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shrimp Boil.jpg (26.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Kevin and ribs.jpg (57.9 KB, 20 views)
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #20
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub
Dang, now I'm confused: is it Chad or Dave?

Oh yeah, I'll be at Brooksville. Gotta cook all the FBAs that I can for points.

It's not too bad to vend at the WH Fest. Last one we did it rained and all I did was barely cover my costs. I'll never get rich, but we do have fun and make some good catering contacts. I'll have to tell my "Swamp Babes" that they may have been on TV.
"Chad" is my forum screen name!! I got tagged back during the 2000 presidential elections!!

I'll see you at Brooksville...by the way, good luck!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #21
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Any time Kevin. I think I got the better end of the deal.

And thanks Dave/chad . I'm really looking forward to applying my new knowledge in a contest setting! Be sure to stop by for a cold one.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote