second hand store srikes again

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
today i found another gas ga for $16. looks like it was used a few times and thats it. has newish looking wood handles and thats why i got it as i already have 4-5 gas ga's. will clean it up and post a pic.

yep, i feel its my duty to rescue these poor things. but then i do have a good gift to give if the occasion arises.

These Webers need a good home - George is just doing what's right!

Ok so far I get it is some kind of weber something or other, but I have no clue as to what a gas ga, is please inform those of us that may be low information forum members.
Dave

Ok so far I get it is some kind of weber something or other, but I have no clue as to what a gas ga, is please inform those of us that may be low information forum members.
Dave

Weber Go Anywhere. This one is powered by gas, not charcoal. Its a rectangle, portable grill.

Matt

weber makes two go-anywhere versions. one is charcoal and one is gas.
here is a pic of one i got at the same store a while back.

IMG_0397-Copy.jpg

so was outside taking a closer look and found that this grill was used once.
looks new inside except for a few drippings. the spark tip wasn't even near the tube so the spark starter never worked. i adjusted that, put a can of gas on and it fired right up. good heat. amazing. i wish these gas ga's could be dated but no way far as i know. pics to follow.

Hummmm, never occurred to me to check a second hand store for BBQ equipment. Thanks for the inspiration.

at mine i have found 4 gas weber ga's, 3 charcoal ga's and one black and one brown weber kettles. plus other cool stuff. also i have gotten lucky on some ci frying pans and such. all lodge or griswold.

Brother in law has one, if you cook really greasey cheap burgers you can turn the gas off and run it on fat :). Does that make it a Weber FAT GA ??

Bill

Now that I know what we are talking about, I have thought about picking one up, I see them on CL now and then. It would be something to tide me over until I find the full size gasser I am looking for.
Dave

they are not ment to cook like a big gasser. they do a decent job of doing the basics. one bad quirk is that they like to blow out in a decent breeze. so you need to keep them out of a breeze. i built a baffle on one of mine, my first one, and it seems to work decently. also be aware that the hottest area is the furthest point from the regulator. i didn't find this a real issue as long as you are aware of it. the burner is ss so will last a looong time. the baffle i'm not so happy about as it can rust if not taken care of.

Back