My Mods to the Charbroil silver smoker

smokin'fool

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So on my 1st few smokes on the charbroil silver smoker things went pretty good but I wanted to improve them some.

Here are some before pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

The 1st thing I did was to make a new baffle that extends a good ways
into the smoker. I hope to be able to even the temps out better.

The second thing I did was add a upper shelf that I can slide back and forth. The rack I bought at the local Home Depot, while I was there I picked up a 10' length of 1/4" threaded rod.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will be doing some chicken and pork shoulder this weekend and I think I will try a fattie. I will post back and let you know how the mods worked out for me.

Attachments

• CIMG0652.JPG
    CIMG0652.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 671
  • CIMG0653.JPG
    CIMG0653.JPG
    464.7 KB · Views: 641
  • CIMG0654.JPG
    CIMG0654.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 621
  • CIMG0655.JPG
    CIMG0655.JPG
    485.5 KB · Views: 624
Nice work, always wondered about an extra rack on top.
Look forward to the follow up.

Please do follow up, I would love to see how those mods turn out as I am thinking about doing the same thing to my silver smoker. Throw the pics in as well.

did youextend the chimmney down into the bottom of the smoker ? you have to cut a corner out of the bottom rack to it, it will draw the heat across the bottom much better, i used a piece of metal dryer vent and a big hose clamp, works great. :-D Good Luck, i have cooked some great food on this cooker !!!

I did the baffel mod on my Brink. Snp and it really helped.
I haven't put the upper grate in yet.

I don't have one of these, but nice looking upper grate idea!

Nice upper rack. Remember to keep the temp variations in mind. I have a make shift upper rack but not as cool as yours.

John that is sweet. Does it get good temp in the Vertical and hold it?

Can you post some side pics as to how you mounted the stack?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have the chimeny extended down to the main grate level but not down to the bottom.

That is really sweet butthead. Hows the heat in the vertical, any problems with temps? If the horizontal is running at 225 what is the temp of the vertical?

Butthead

That picture, your creation, is why I love this stuff. I'd kill Flipper for a big honkin Spicewine, but what I really want is 2 or 3 killer drums that work.

Does that come under "mods to Char Broil, or mods to Brinkman?

Does the government know about this project?:-D

if my main chamber temps are at 225 the box will be about 200 to 195. my wife calls it frankengrill:-D

i don't think i have any pic's of the side. but the stack comes with a square plate attached, so i cut the hole think off and then cut the top vent on the box and stuck the pipe in that so it had its own patch. then i used the piece of metal that i cut out of the char broil where the two are attached and used that to cover the old stack hole. :shock:

i don't think i have any pic's of the side. but the stack comes with a square plate attached, so i cut the hole think off and then cut the top vent on the box and stuck the pipe in that so it had its own patch. then i used the piece of metal that i cut out of the char broil where the two are attached and used that to cover the old stack hole. :shock:

Thanks

great pics, Ilove the mods. I think you guys have come up with some great ideas!!I have the same grill and may try some!!

Sweet frankengrill indeed!!! The temp variations do not sounds all that bad at all.

i have the little brother of this grill, the american gourmet, and i'm wondering if some of the same mods will work for me, too. i have trouble with consistent temps as well....

Your mod is what I want to do also I would like to find a box to mount to the side of my Chargriller

Back