Need your fatty ideas

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Tired of doing the same old thing. How about some new ideas for this weekends cook

Red beans and rice in Andouille fatty - never made one, but it sounds good!

Or the Scotch egg fatty, a Woody family favorite:

picture.php

Italian sausage with mozarella, onions, jalapenos and pepperoni, tomato sauce
JD and taco stuffin with rice and black beans
JD and peach cobbler stuffin
JD and apple pie stuffin
JD and portabello mushroom, cheese, anaheim pepper and onion slices
JD and roasted red pepper and artichoke slices with feta cheese and green onions
bacon explosion
JD and chorizo link

Who just picks out a tube of breakfast sausage and sticks it on the smoker along with whatever else is cooking? That's my next try, although I'll keep an eye on this thread for other ideas!

Sage sausage with goat cheese, mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar, thyme, garlic, cracked pepper.

I know everyone does this with Sausage,has anyone tried this with Hamburg.Maybe it would not stay together like sausage does.

I have seen half sausage & half hamburger on here before.

Have you tried making your own sausage? It's really easy, esp. if you're making a fatty and not stuffing. You buy already ground pork but I much prefer to grind my own. I've done sage/breakfast, Italian (both sweet and hot), Kielbasa, spicy Polish, hot link, and I can't remember what all else. I just hit 'em with whatever rub seems compatible and nothing else. I guarantee you will like it better than store bought - especially if you grind your own. I use pork butt for that btw.

I wonder how shrimp would be in a fatty? Just a thought.

Shrimp turn to rubber if they're overcooked. Fatties generally are well cooked because of the ground meat. It might sound good to some, but I wouldn't go down that path.

Who just picks out a tube of breakfast sausage and sticks it on the smoker along with whatever else is cooking? That's my next try, although I'll keep an eye on this thread for other ideas!

Naked fatties are the best! Everyone should be required to master the naked fatty before moving on to stuffing and enrobing!

I do. I just hit it with some rub and throw one on just about every time I fire up the cooker. I can't help myself. Don't get me wrong they are great with stuffing but a naked fatty is better than no fatty at all!

Mexican Fatty's sound good.

I can test out the new Fatty Plunger I just made.

Greek Fatty, or The Fratty as I call it.

2lbs ground lamb
Seasoning
One container feta crumbles
homemade tzatziki sauce
bacon

Put the lamb in a one gallon ziploc, smooth it out to a nice even square and cut bag away, season with rub, sprinkle entire container of feta on it, roll into a log and shape, season and wrap with bacon lattice.

Smoke til 145 IT and slice, top with a big dollop of triple garlic tzatziki and watch people sigh with pleasure.

I do my tzatziki like this

one bulb garlic, minced or pressed
one container greek yogurt
diced cuccumber
diced red onion
fresh lemon juice to taste
more feta crumbles

I like it to sting with garlic, which is why I use a whole bulb...off the chain delicious.

Antipasto fattie:prosciutto, cantaloupe, mozzarella, red peppers and basil
IMG_1177.jpg

Ham, spinach, feta, mozzarella and roasted red pepper
IMG_1176.jpg

Chorizo, egg and refried bean
IMG_1268.jpg

I want to try a pizza fatty. Sasuage, pepperroni, peppers, black olives, Pepper jack cheese.

How about doing our Thanksgiving Fattie? We use 1lbs. Jimmie Dean sausage mixed with either 1lbs. ground turkey or pork layed out flat on waxed paper then added dry Stove Top stuffing mix, canned whole berry cranberry sauce, couple slices of deli turkey. Then rolled and dry rubbed and smoked with apple wood to about 160 internal. Let rest then slice. We top with either a poultry gravy,a cranberry bbq sauce or both. Good luck
ohiowithjennaandkyleandrandoms208.jpg

I want to try a pizza fatty. Sasuage, pepperroni, peppers, black olives, Pepper jack cheese.

This. I say that just because this will be the next one I do.

Or we just did a chili cheese one. It's real easy and came out awesome.

Jimmy Dean Maple.
Flatten it
spread on layer of beanless chili
put on some diced peppers (we did jalapeno) and onions
throw on some shredded cheddar and roll it back up. you wont regret it.

Back