Camp STR! My Donation Thanks Scouts Boys and Girls

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yes this was my idea after reading that 15% of kids in our area have ever held a fishing pole or camped. For whatever reason parents don't like driving 2+hours to camp whatever with no running water or bathrooms ect. So when I was approached at doing Camp STR (St. Richards Catholic Parish) on the soccer fields I jumped. Got 7th grade boys scouts and third grade girl scouts to do advertising setup and clean up that included thier tents. I told them I would cook. (Hehee and I did) They didnt know what they were in for! $7 grub fees got all this.... and a blast camping 15 mins from home with clean bathrooms running water ect... BTW one comment from a scout leader was "I didnt know Girl scout could eat that much" as I responded they will when a Brethren cooks! Again not a pat on the back but rather some of these kids have never camped..

Dinner
Hambugers
Hotdogs
Bratwurst
Chips
Kool aid

Cracker barrel 9pm
Cheese
Summer sausage
Chili
Crackers

7:30 Breakfast
Biscuits n Gravey
Breakfast Rice
Breakfast Burritos
Scrambled eggs sausage or reg scrambled eggs
OJ
Milk

O whole bunch of fun!!! See below

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

Awesome !! I would like an invite to your next camping trip !! Great Job for a great cause!

V

Nice job. It's sad kid's don't get to go on outdoor adventures. I used to go to camp for 2 weeks every summer when I was in scouts. :cool:

Fantastic Job! :clap2::clap2::clap2: I agree with big brother smoke... you are to be commended. It is sad that kids dont get to go camping anymore. I always had a blast!

Oh I am soooo crying yes crying! Picked up the kids today at school and a new kid to STR who was there thanked me and said I have been camping.... He is in 6th grade!

Outstanding job Marty!
Thank's for helping out the youth of our nation.

You may joke and kid there Mon, but ya don't play, way cool on you!

You may joke and kid there Mon, but ya don't play, way cool on you!

Okay I think? BTW the 6th grader is being raised by his grandfather who also camped. (Way Cool) His parents are in Indiana not sure why he is here dont wanna ask not my place. Kudos to his grandfather!

Good on you Marty. I bet the biscuits and gravy were a hit.:wink:
I liked 'em even cold.:becky:

I think it was around 3 gallons of gravy. Yes it went over very well. Again I am sure most of these kids may have never had BnG's..

Back