• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Duck on the drum..

Way fine! Ya got great color on that skin, cracklins in da gumbo...:clap::clap::clap::clap:.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbt1RtXNDsQ"]I will play for gumbo - YouTube[/ame]

And smoked duck, too!

Great job, Jeanie!

OMG! I have roasted duck, but never smoked it.

But you took it over the top with the duck gumbo!

Did you smoke it for a certain length or a certain IT?

John thank you!! I just smoked the duck until the juices ran clear.

Cowgirl....I as well love opening your threads!!!! I, if you can't tell by my signature, am an avid waterfowl hunter. I LOVE DUCK!! I hardly ever pick them as its time consuming when cleaning several at once? But I'm going to do this with some this year for sure!! I love a duck breast on the grill treated like a fine rib eye though! Nice work!!! I too love gumbo on a Sunday afternoon by the wood stove watching football!

NOHENS, Thank you! Your Sunday afternoons sound perfect! :-D Duck season starts in a couple of weeks. I hope to get out. Good luck with your hunt! :-D

Cowgirl wow wow wow. Did I already say wow.

Duck looks delicious. How was the breast? Did the fat render well?

Mmm cowgirl duck fat fries sounds good. I'm sure you are the one to make it happen and make it look easy at the same time.

Awesome cook.
Thank you BBQDaddio! Duck fat fries sound tasty! The fat rendered pretty well, I didn't prick the skin on this one though. I used the breasts for the gumbo and ate one leg for supper the first night. The drippings are like liquid gold. lol

Sliding Billy, thank you!! :-D

Very nice! My dilemma would be, make the gumbo, or use the drippins for frying.....

Thanks ebijack! I had gumbo in mind before the duck hit the drum. :mrgreen:

Neil thank you!! :-D

Thanks everybody!!

Ha. I started reading the thread and looking at the pics without reading who the poster was. As I'm looking at it I'm thinking, "Dang, this dude could give cowgirl a run for her money..." Turns out the only one who can compete with cowgirl is cowgirl!

lol Thanks castlepines! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much! That looks really amazing and I don't like duck.
All I can say is all of your posts of your cooks are inspiring.
I know they give many of us the will to try something we never have before.

Dave that's very kind of you....thanks!

Outstanding Jeanie! That looks like a pretty good size Duck.(yours?)....and, did you use a smoked suasage too?

Thank you Gary! Not my duck this time. I've been having duck/bobcat problems and am down to egg laying ducks right now.

Somehow I just knew you'd get additional mileage out of that clip. :thumb:
lol It's sooooo true!! Can't remember when I've had a good night's sleep. :-D

Thanks again Guerry!

That duck looks great. That has been on my "todo" list for a while, and I know where I can get duck, I just forget about it.

Glad to see you're feeling better and back to your old self!

Jeaniusz strikes again!!

Back