• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot Links for vending

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was thinking of adding Hot links for my next Vend next week. A couple of questions is it profitable? do I just sell the link with bbq sauce? Bun or no bun? Does turkey links sell better then regular beef or pork links? My competition is a small senior group selling nachos (cheese from a can) regular hot dogs which they are selling for $2.00. Last vend they ran out before the event was over. Keep in mind we only have 3hrs to vend on a thursday night, the crowd is mixed but a lot of families do show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey folks, I was thinking of adding Hot links for my next Vend next week. A couple of questions is it profitable? do I just sell the link with bbq sauce? Bun or no bun? Does turkey links sell better then regular beef or pork links? My competition is a small senior group selling nachos (cheese from a can) regular hot dogs which they are selling for $2.00. Last vend they ran out before the event was over. Keep in mind we only have 3hrs to vend on a thursday night, the crowd is mixed but a lot of families do show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Profitable yes. In a bun with sauce, yes. Buuuuut, hot links do not go as well as dogs here locally, due to the spiciness factor for families with kids(Too spicy, not spicy enough, pork, beef, etc).

Can you do a big dog? 4 to 1 size? Run the old folks out of business (lol).

Personally,From past expericence doing fair and church carnivals I'd go with Italian sausage , and if you can do it, offer Peppers & Onions for a topping. For some reason people like the sausage and peppers on a Bun, we used to have a lot of venders want to come on our show with that. But we would limit it to 2 venders only.Hope this helps ya out.

Profitable yes. In a bun with sauce, yes. Buuuuut, hot links do not go as well as dogs here locally, due to the spiciness factor for families with kids(Too spicy, not spicy enough, pork, beef, etc).

Can you do a big dog? 4 to 1 size? Run the old folks out of business (lol).

I wish they have been selling at that spot for years:razz: we both sold out last time

in addition to the sandwiches, slice them up and serve along side brisket, ribs, or chicken.

Back