Its Official! I'm a proud member of the Shriley family!

Shag,

doing some searching on SF smokers and I came across this ~old~ thread, come to find out you're literally right down the road from me, maybe 8-10 miles. I've just begun discussions with Tyler and am working on getting my config together so I can get my place in line when my Christmas bonus arrives in a couple weeks.

Great pics, you've had this now for a couple years, any changes you'd make on your config at this point?? I'm still on the fence about patio vs trailer model. at the moment I'm leaning toward a 65x24 trailer but a 55x24 patio like your might do it also. i've got time to decide final config of course and I'm sure several conversations will be had with Tyler and/or Paul. Can't wait!!

Shag,

doing some searching on SF smokers and I came across this ~old~ thread, come to find out you're literally right down the road from me, maybe 8-10 miles. I've just begun discussions with Tyler and am working on getting my config together so I can get my place in line when my Christmas bonus arrives in a couple weeks.

Great pics, you've had this now for a couple years, any changes you'd make on your config at this point?? I'm still on the fence about patio vs trailer model. at the moment I'm leaning toward a 65x24 trailer but a 55x24 patio like your might do it also. i've got time to decide final config of course and I'm sure several conversations will be had with Tyler and/or Paul. Can't wait!!
Get the deposit in. Every week is another week longer you wait. They only require a very small deposit. The final details never really get decided until your build starts as you will change it several times. My 24x55 with 4 racks can fit a ton and it has a smaller footprint.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ha ha ha. Looks like I don't even have to respond. Definitely get your deposit in ASAP. The wait is like 20 months or something crazy like that. Doesn't matter what kind you want, they don't really need to know that until they start building. It will all change between now and then.

My second one shows you all the things I would change from the first one. My biggest mistake was not getting the Stainless shelf. The expanded steel shelf really sucks. My second mistake was that 50 was too short for me. I roast a hog in the summers and it won't fit on a 50. A 60" or bigger works good though. Since I was going bigger I got it on a trailer for when we do charity cooks and whatnot.

If you want to see the trailer, feel free to shoot me a PM. The 24x50 is out in wonderlake with a friend of mine if you want to see it too.. And ChicagoKP lives around the corner from me and he has a 24x60 trailer that is very similar to my 24x70 if you wanted to see it.

Back