I Wanna pre cook ribs-??

scm1226

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Going away next weekend. I want to bring my ribs to the family get together. Do you think I can smoke then foil my ribs then freeze them. Then defrost them and grill them until they are warmed with glaze?
Basically do the 3, the 2 at home freeze and a week later do the 1. Will this work?

Not likely to be as good as fresh of course, but should work pretty well.

I freeze my leftover ribs in vacuum bags and reheat either in boiling water or the microwave, and they come out pretty good. I think your plan should work pretty well.

KC

How many days will fall between your cook and serving them?

I wouldn't freeze them if it is only a few days. If you do need to freeze them, vacuum sealing them would definitely help, but I would avoid it, if you can.

I always cook more ribs than I can eat in one meal. I cook them on Sunday, and eat them a serving at a time for the rest of the week. I just store them in ziplock bags, and re-heat them in the oven.

I do notice a little change in texture if I freeze them. Taste is fine, but the texture isn't exactly the same.

CD

Take this for what it's worth, but I know Famous Dave's pre-smokes their ribs in electric Cookshack smokers and then grill/glaze them to order. I'm not sure how long they hold them though, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck.

Gonna cook them on Sunday and have them 9 or 10 days later. That's why I need to freeze them. I am planning on using a vacuum sealer.

Back