The "Yesdera" died...meet the replacement.

C

ckkphoto

My NB bandera finally died...rusted through. I consoled myself with the birthday gift of the stainless steel six burner gas grill complete with rotisserie that my wife got me for my birthday two weeks ago. whatta ya know, as we were coming home from church the other day, someone in our neighborhood had a chargrill bandera out on the curb with a $100 price tag on it. It was lightly used and missing the water pan, but had been modified for gas start. I offered him $75, which he accepted. Now I am back in the smoking saddle again! Couldn't have planned that one.

sweet find.. i need to start hitting garage sells and see if i can find me a used dera. i want one but dont wanna spend 300 bucks on it.

Chris, great to see ya Brother, hope you've been well. Great find on the new cooker, man does not live by gas alone!!!

ckkphoto said:
My NB bandera finally died...rusted through.

Dont throw that old Dera away. Find a welder. Bring that puppy back to life and you'll have 2 Dera's giving you a little stereo action.

I found an old rusted one last April and one of the guys on this site hooked me up with his welder buddy. Only cost me 2 cases of Corona to get it rebuilt. It was well worth it.

Attachments

• new metal on firebox.jpg
    new metal on firebox.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 130
  • new metal on main chamber.jpg
    new metal on main chamber.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 129
dang I wish I could weld! I would weld a dera and its stereo brand together and have a decent sized double doored smoker.

u mean ike MrSmokers Dually? MrSmoker.. u outt here??

DSC00298.JPG

All I have to say to a story like that is . . . . SCORE! ! !

Great score on the Bandera but rebuilding the old one is a real option.

Back