Des Moines, Iowa: August 25th, 2011

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Des Moines to attend the 14th Annual Niman Ranch Hog Farmer Appreciation Dinner. If there's anyone available for dinner the night of August 25th I'm available.

My flight arrives at 5:45pm on Thursday. Let's plan on Smokey D's that evening. 7:00pm?

Once I get all my hotel arrangements from the travel agent I'll figure out my transportation and we'll go from there.

My flight arrives at 5:45pm on Thursday. Let's plan on Smokey D's that evening. 7:00pm?

Once I get all my hotel arrangements from the travel agent I'll figure out my transportation and we'll go from there.

Just drove past there yesterday on my way up to the UP. Have fun Larry.

I will be vending at the Valley Junction (West Des Moines) Farmers' Market that night. If not for that, I'd join you at Smokey D's.

I will be vending at the Valley Junction (West Des Moines) Farmers' Market that night. If not for that, I'd join you at Smokey D's.

I'll be attending the Des Moines Farmers Market on Saturday morning before the Hog Farmer's Appreciation Dinner.

Larry, I think that you oughta try the "Farm Boy" platter at Smokey D's :twisted:. It starts out as a pork tenderloin and goes (up) from there. I got 3 good sized meals out of it for $12.50.

BUMP!

Ok, this is tomorrow evening - who's in? Smokey D's on 2nd Ave @ 7 pm.

I had the ribs and burnt ends when I was there.(Darrin's reccomendation) They were just ok. What we really liked were the sides. We got beans, tater salad and the cucumbers. The best was the cucs. Awesome. :cool:

Back