Way up here in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cancerguy99

Hey All!

I'm new to smokin, just picked up a L BGE in April and I've been grillin and smokin since. Can't wait to get some good tips. I figure since we have no "Style" of BBQ up here in the NW I can hybrid and take what I like from other areas.

So far I have done a two Briskets and two Pork Shoulders for my long cooks. The BGE has been pretty forgiving and only I really knew when I messed something up trying to cook a brisket and pork shoulder at the same time on Father's Day. :biggrin:

Can't wait to get to know people and lear as much as I can.

Pics to follow.

Matt
(AKA CancerGuy99 or CG99)

Welcome This is a Great Place. There are guys from your state on this forum that have eggs

Welcome This is a Great Place. There are guys from your state on this forum that have eggs

I went to the local Eggfest a few weeks back and sampled some great cookin, saw a BBQ Brethern banner but didn't realize they were local.

I've been lurking for a few days before posting, getting some tips.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hey Matt, welcome aboard. Our assoc up here is the PNWBA. That was Swamprb and Southpaw you saw at Eggfest. We'll all be in Black Diamond Saturday the 11th, come on by!

Welcome Matt, I have a remote affection for the PNW, there may not be a style for meats, but, there is a fine tradition for smoking fish and seafood up there.

there is a fine tradition for smoking fish and seafood up there.

Good point! I really want to try my hand at salmon. I missed the last cooper river run for smoking but grilled some with Guava wood and it was awesome! Think I'll start out with something a little less expensive for the first smoke.

Hey Matt, welcome aboard. Our assoc up here is the PNWBA. That was Swamprb and Southpaw you saw at Eggfest. We'll all be in Black Diamond Saturday the 11th, come on by!

I've been looking for the local assoc. Thanks! I wish I could make it this weekend but I have a training ride with Team in Training. I'm going to have to give up cycling for BBQ, it takes up to much time. Next year I will be there for sure!!!

Welcome to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)! The nice thing about the Pacific NorthWet and no tradition is the ability to work with all the other traditions as you please. :grin:

Welcome to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)! The nice thing about the Pacific NorthWet and no tradition is the ability to work with all the other traditions as you please. :grin:

My Thoughts EXACTLY!

BTW - Got my dog in Battle Ground, every time we drive by on our way to or from Portland (grew up there) I ask her if she wants to go home and offer to drop her off. :twisted:

Welcome aboard Cancerguy99, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Thanks All for the great welcome messages!

I'm glad there isn't a 12 step program for what we do! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back