MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Mr Baloo
Got Wood.

Default Need Help with Christmas List????

Hi all, I have been lurking here since the spring when I got my Combo Joe... like most have said, why bother with the gasser when you have the egg.. well, don't know, but my gasser doesn't get much use other than a place to lay my grill when I am loading up.

I have the larger Combo Joe... and other than a Cover, what would be some things to put on my wish list for my wife and kids....

Thanks in advance and thanks for the posts, humor, and sharing on this board.. I have learned a lot.

Baloo

Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Mr Baloo
Got Wood.

Come on guys I know you like spending money!

Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

To tell you the truth, I don't have a whole lot. I use two good metal spatulas the most, along with some Oxo tongs --without the silicone. Also, some high-heat gloves, but some cheap leather gloves from Home Depot also work well. A weed burner is nice to get things going. I have a fairly cheap "instant" thermometer -- you'll see other recommendations on other thermometers, especially different colors. Everything is between $2-$20. I have a Maverick remote therm that is a pos that I would love to replace.

Probably my only "luxury" item is this grill tray from W&S. I use it for veggies, nachos and even prime rib.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...-top-10-gifts&
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
TonyT
is one Smokin' Farker

Gore hit on a few things I already like a wireless thermometer if you're smoking for long periods of time, a thermapen is cool gift too (you'll get your moneys worth out of it). What about knives, new sauces/rubs/spices, books (Love Lilly's). Like Gore I pretty much have everything I need so the only thing I'm asking for is a nice quality blue tooth speaker to have while I'm outside. Good luck, tell us what you come up with while I still have time to add to mine =D
TonyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Mr Baloo
Got Wood.

So you get things going with a Weed burner??? Shirley you jest?????

Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Baloo View Post
So you get things going with a Weed burner??? Shirley you jest?????
Uh, ... no.... and you should see how many guests who come over want to light the fire.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote