MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default big easy

Folks...a little different cooker the big easy, really turns out some great food, picked one up and I have done turkeys..prime ribs...potatoes...really good stuff..best dollar for dollar cooker I have..

Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Cool

Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
tnjimbob
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim H.

I have the Big Easy SRG and I use it for potatoes, wings & quick burger/BSCB cooks when I'm in a hurry. Very good poultry cooker.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

prime rib going in an hour...GREAT bark

Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
shirknwrk
is one Smokin' Farker

My Big Easy makes the best chicken I've tasted... More like rotisserie chicken than anything else. Dry brining with Oakridge "Game Changer" just adds to the flavor. You can smoke with it too... Even though they say not to. Just place one of these (without the bottom) in the bottom of the Big Easy and pour chips or pellets around the outside of it. 9"x 3" is the size preferred by EZriders (Kinda like "pelletheads" and "Eggheads"). I'm sure you could fabricate something much more cheaply.

http://forums.charbroil.com/index.php?topic=4643.0
shirknwrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
RAYSOR
Full Fledged Farker

Great for cooking turkeys
RAYSOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

pics?
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

I've had really good results with my Big Easy on turkeys, whole chicken and butts. I've tried ribs using their hooks....twice. I'll not be fooling with ribs in it again.

On birds and butts....super easy, super tasty results. I was really shocked at how good the butts turned out.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

I have Cajun fried hundreds of turkeys over the years. No more. What with the cost of peanut oil and cleanup time etc. The Big Easy is the way tp go:

Just as good as any fried I've had over the years if not better. It does a heck of a job on chickens too.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote