MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #331
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Those are cool tools! I made my tools too, including a couple of them using 3/4" copper tubing as handles. I also use a length of 1/2" copper tubing to blow and clear ash.

That oven door came out really nice! Hope it's not too heavy with all the metal.
Thanks man, i also need a copper tubing for the ash but thats all i need for now, ohh i also have a small cotton mop.

The door is definetly not light but its manageable. Ill have to get a thermometer also.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #332
Ackman
Full Fledged Farker

Any interest in an all expense paid trip to CT to build another one?

This project is so impressive. Anything beyond changing a light bulb I find challenging

Good Luck and enjoy it.
WSM 18"
CookShack SM025
Lang 36
BWS Extended Party
Humphrey's Battle Box and matching Pint
Ackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #333
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

I kinda forgot about this thread and saw it now. DANG that turned out amazing! If I built that I would be showing pictures to everyone including strangers on the street. Very nicely done! Wow.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #334
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
Any interest in an all expense paid trip to CT to build another one?

This project is so impressive. Anything beyond changing a light bulb I find challenging

Good Luck and enjoy it.

Sure just send me a cashiers check and ill be on my way.

LOL thanks for the compliments man.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #335
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucornhusker View Post
I kinda forgot about this thread and saw it now. DANG that turned out amazing! If I built that I would be showing pictures to everyone including strangers on the street. Very nicely done! Wow.

Thanks man, i don't tend to show these pictures to strangers as i don't like the extra attention, but all my family and friends constantly ask me " WHEN ARE WE HAVE THAT PIZZA PARTY" and i say soon, soon....

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #336
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Thanks man, i don't tend to show these pictures to strangers as i don't like the extra attention, but all my family and friends constantly ask me " WHEN ARE WE HAVE THAT PIZZA PARTY" and i say soon, soon....
Egg on my face. I forget sometimes that this is the internet and not very many people on here have met me in person.

I'm a very reserved person and I don't talk to many people unless they are in my comfort zone, and I don't like much attention at all.

Now that you know at about me, your project is so cool I would show it to random strangers in the street if it was mine.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #337
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucornhusker View Post
Egg on my face. I forget sometimes that this is the internet and not very many people on here have met me in person.

I'm a very reserved person and I don't talk to many people unless they are in my comfort zone, and I don't like much attention at all.

Now that you know at about me, your project is so cool I would show it to random strangers in the street if it was mine.
Lmao, sorry if it came out in a negative way, that wasnt my intention at all, i appreciate your coments. But thanks for the clarification.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #338
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Lmao, sorry if it came out in a negative way, that wasnt my intention at all, i appreciate your coments. But thanks for the clarification.
Nothing negative at all...I explained a little more so the full scope of my compliment was understood.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #339
Nutz4bbq
On the road to being a farker

Thanks for sharing your build!! You are very talented from concept to finish product!!

I'm sure you will enjoy many years of great food from your pizza/bbq work station!!
Nutz4bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #340
pitbossJB
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : el jefe

Man that is going to be sweet!! We're all waiting to see some pies come out of that thing. Looks like it will be soon. I can't compliment you enough on the great job you have done, plus the fortitude to trudge ahead to the finish. Great work!!

UDS with 007 mods and pizza top
Highly modified Bandera w/ griddle on firebox
Mini SJ/UDS
micro mini UDS
Smokey Joe's
1983 22.5" Weber kettle
pitbossJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #341
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks alot guys, :). Im planning on having a pizza party this weekend. I really hope everything goes well, It will be my first time making pizza, cooking in a wood fired oven and serving all that to family. Im nervous... my main concern is the dough, i just have to get that right and the rest should be okay.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #342
BisonStew
Knows what a fatty is.

Holy smokes, (pun intended), I'm a newbie on here and just browsed through this thread and most of the photos. WOW, that oven looks amazing, may you enjoy many pizzas for your hard work. I wouldn't fret the dough you'll have plenty of time to experiment with that. Just today on another thread we were discussing pizza dough were I recommend using Italian Tipo 00 Flour if you can find it, it's higher in gluten which is what you want in a pizza dough.

Also, don't use a dough pin, if you do be gentle unless you are going for a very crispy flat dough. Again, experimenting is everything but I'd really track down the Italian flour that's all I've been using the past couple of years when I discovered it.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #343
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisonStew View Post
Holy smokes, (pun intended), I'm a newbie on here and just browsed through this thread and most of the photos. WOW, that oven looks amazing, may you enjoy many pizzas for your hard work. I wouldn't fret the dough you'll have plenty of time to experiment with that. Just today on another thread we were discussing pizza dough were I recommend using Italian Tipo 00 Flour if you can find it, it's higher in gluten which is what you want in a pizza dough.

Also, don't use a dough pin, if you do be gentle unless you are going for a very crispy flat dough. Again, experimenting is everything but I'd really track down the Italian flour that's all I've been using the past couple of years when I discovered it.

Thanks alot for the encouraging words, i have heard of the Tipo flour, i will start using the more expensive flours once i get this thing figured out, in the mean time im using King Arthur, which is still pretty good from what ive heard. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #344
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbossJB View Post
...... We're all waiting to see some pies come out of that thing. Looks like it will be soon.......
I'm thinking he should install a webcam so we can all watch it live.

Also, here's a link to the Varasanos Website.
There's a HUGE MASSIVE amount of information on there. The guy puts some reasoning behind some of the myths behind making pizza, and the pizza dough itself. Even if you skim it and read a few of the bullet points that strike your fancy, you'll find it very informative and educational.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #345
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

I'm sure it'll turn out to be a great pizza party. Temps should be warming up by the weekend so the evenings should be nice.
I threw a pizza party on Halloween night once and that was a blast. One friend came dressed as a motorcycle cop and made his very first pizza which came out pretty good. I remember posting his pic on one of the pizza forums. But there were also lots of messed up pizzas..... we blamed those on the beer. lol...
Lot of others played it safe and just roasted marshmallows...:)