Christmas cook with pron

smokingj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We went a little different this year and decided to go Caribbean style for our grub.

Started out by jerking a 4 pound pork loin with Walkerswood Hot and Spicy jerk paste:
007.jpg

Threw it in the smoker with some ABT's that were finishing up:

010-1.jpg

Cooked it for about 3.5 hours at 250:

008.jpg

My redneck cart. Gas grill that someone threw away down the street. Stripped it down and use it to hold things:

009-2.jpg

Dinner consisted of the pork loin, baked yams/sweet potato's, peas, and fried plantains:

021.jpg

And plenty of beverages to wash it down with:

015-1.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Last edited:
And I just noticed that I forgot to take pics of it sliced. :doh::doh: epic fail.

Good Stuff! Pork Loin and I are going to become very intimate in 2012!:icon_blush:

Try this rub one time. I always get raves when I use it:

1 pack of onion soup mix...I prefer Mrs. Grass onion soup mix
2 tbsp. cajun seasoning
2 tbsp. brown sugar

Make sure to crush the bigger parts of the soup mix up. I also allow my brown sugar to dry out before using to help avoid lumps in my rubs.

Try this rub one time. I always get raves when I use it:

1 pack of onion soup mix...I prefer Mrs. Grass onion soup mix
2 tbsp. cajun seasoning
2 tbsp. brown sugar

Make sure to crush the bigger parts of the soup mix up. I also allow my brown sugar to dry out before using to help avoid lumps in my rubs.

BOOKMARKED!:thumb:

Looking good smokingj, I've never tried walkerswood on anything but chicken, but I only use the mild sauce, that hot n spicy is reaaalllllly hot n spicy. Also good job on the cart, I did the same thing, here's mine
003-2.jpg

Nice looking loin.:oops: I have an old grill I have been saving for just that reason or as a UDS cart(just have to get the damn thing built!)

Looking good smokingj, I've never tried walkerswood on anything but chicken, but I only use the mild sauce, that hot n spicy is reaaalllllly hot n spicy. Also good job on the cart, I did the same thing, here's mine
003-2.jpg

NICE!!!! I like how you set that up. Mind if I steal the idea? :thumb:
Yea!!! That hot and spicy is HOT!!!!!! I was stupid enough to have grilled some pork chops with it the day before that I had marinated in it.....BAD mistake!!!!!!:redface::redface:

:heh: Yeah that hot & spicy gets pretty hot! lol Grub looks great though! :thumb:

Cheers

Great looking grub, and I really dig the new table your have for your smokey joe. Great use of an old grill there.

Back