• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vacuum Sealers

AlabamaGrillBillies

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well on my next check I should have a little extra money and I want to spend it on a vacuum sealer. I've never owned or operated one and figured I'd turn to you fellas for advice. Looking to spend $150-300 peferably closer to $200 Any particular brand better than another? What features should I look for considering that all I want it for is to perserve my mass cooked BBQ and to waterprook stuff like pack of matches or pen a paper. I don't see myself using those attachments for a jar at all. Any suggestions or particular model references would be great.

I've got the FoodSaver brand from Costco about two months ago.. It's still in the box but I plan on opening it real soon...

Do you have a Cabelas or Bass Pro close by? They carry some nice models. I like the look of the "fishing/hunting" version. They also carry a stainless commercial model. I have a Foodsaver 800 that I've been happy with. And I use it alot. Next one I get will have the option to seal in the middle of suction.

Nope, God I wish I had either close by, but then I would need a second job to pay for all the crap I'd buy. But I do have plenty of their catalogs and have been looking at the FoodSaver brand, their GameSaver turbo and pro models.

Tell me about it. I'm 5 min from Cabelas and about 30min from Bass Pro. Yep the GameSaver is the one I was thinking about. I bought a box of 100 11x16" bags from Cabelas last year for $10 from the clearance tent in the parking lot. They had a couple of pallets. Worked just fine for leftovers.

Got my foodsaver for Xmas, and at the time Kohls had the best prices. I got a V2460 and it was about 120 bucks, but Kohls had them for about 90. Im very happy with it, and use it every week. Boneless, skinless chicken boobs on sale at 1.79 lb, throw 2 or 3 boobs in a bag and vac and seal. Just be careful with moisture on vacuum. I partially freeze wet stuff to keep it from sucking up the moisture. good luck.

That's a hoot !!! I just picked up a FoodSaver v825 signiture series for $89 buckaroo's at Khols !!! I thought it was an awesome deal beings that they normally run near $200 smackers!!:biggrin: Can't wait to cook too much brisket now !!

Yeah the Foodsaver brand seems to be good. I'd like to have that stainless pro model from Cabelas but dam it's expensive.
Features that are nice are the cutter and the ability to seal without vacuum.
I don't know what model my Foodsaver is but it does work with the pro bags that Cabelas sells.

Go to Amazon.com and search for "Foodsaver". This will give you info about most of the models available.

Once you decide on a model, go to Google, Products, to find the cheapest price.

For those that can walk into a Cabela's check the Bargain Cave, and for those that can't take a look online at the Bargain Cave there. Every now and then you find a sweet deal.

I'm happy with the Foodsaver(s) we have. Added a second one so that we don't get one unit too hot when we are packaging a lot of stuff.

I got the Foodsaver V2440 and I love it. Came with a bunch of stuff and I bought more canisters and bags since then. I use it every day and love it.

FoodSaver seems to be the brand name of choice. I got one this past winter and don't know why I hadn't gotten one sooner. It was a good investment. Get the one that fits your budget.

Back