• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I wanna make bacon!

Veejanz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I've been searching around for a guide to curing and smoking pork belly to make bacon. If anyone has a link or helpful info. I would really appreciate it!

Here's a recipe from thirdeye's blog. I have yet to try this particular recipe myself (will soon though) but many have and are glad they did. :thumb:

I make it quite a bit... Here's what I did last time. Feel free to message me if you have any questions... Thirdeye's recipe is a solid one. Feel free to experiment though. :thumb:

Cheers

How many different ways can you make bacon?

You can do pretty much whatever you want to do... Its just like any other piece of meat... only thing is that its cured...

Black peppered, red peppered, herb covered, maple, honey, cinnamon, straight up... the lists goes on... Experiment. :thumb:

Cheers

I used thirdeyes recipes and it came out great. I cold smoked mine in the WSM using a coffee can with holes poked in it,a few lit briqs and some wood chips every hour or so. Took 7 hours at under 100 degree pit temp. P.s. at this point it still has to be cooked. I froze most of it.
thanksgiving044.jpg

Thanks Phasty. I checked out your thread...insane. I'm gonna do some work!

Thirdeyes is what we do and turns out great. He has put together a lot of excellent "How To" recipes on there. Great site.

Well, you know it's Lynne's recipe..... but it's my favorite for several reasons. And when I asked her to write an article to detail all the steps for my cookin' site I didn't hear back for a day or two. Then I got an email that said something like "... okay I can have an article ready in about a week or so, cause that's how long it will take for my pork belly to cure." She went out and bought a fresh one just for the article :clap2:

The other cool thing is that the photo's she took follow the same belly from start to finish.

HUGE thank you to all who passed along some tips and tricks. Smoked them bellies yesterday and...WOW. I've never had bacon like this before! There is no going back! No pics yet. I took them but am still figuring out how to post!
Again, a genuine thank you to the Brethren for generously sharing invaluable information.

HUGE thank you to all who passed along some tips and tricks. Smoked them bellies yesterday and...WOW. I've never had bacon like this before! There is no going back! No pics yet. I took them but am still figuring out how to post!
Again, a genuine thank you to the Brethren for generously sharing invaluable information.

You got that right! :thumb:

Back