• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled Pork for 60 hunters....

C

charliesarmy

Our church is doing a kick off for pheasant season and I am in charge of the pulled pork for approx 50-60 hunters... I am wondering how many pounds I should be targeting(raw)..... early in the day duck hunting, midday pheasant hunting, pulled pork for dinner on saturday and then deer hunting the afternoon/evening on Sunday

Any input is appreciated

We are doing baked beans, chips and the ladys of the church are making brownies...

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry yes... slaw... I almost got myself kicked of the forum for a second there

Our church is doing a kick off for pheasant season and I am in charge of the pulled pork for approx 50-60 hunters... I am wondering how many pounds I should be targeting(raw)..... early in the day duck hunting, midday pheasant hunting, pulled pork for dinner on saturday and then deer hunting the afternoon/evening on Sunday

Any input is appreciated

IMHO but not scientific one 10lb raw PB will feed 16 adults 2 decent sandwiches without sides. or 32 sandwiches. With it being hunting lots of walking exercise they will eat more. Remember whatever it is raw it will cook down to pretty near half.

IMHO but not scientific one 10lb raw PB will feed 16 adults 2 decent sandwiches without sides. or 32 sandwiches. With it being hunting lots of walking exercise they will eat more. Remember whatever it is raw it will cook down to pretty near half.

so 40-50(raw) would be safe in case we have any extra drop ins and we can spread the left overs out to the workers to take home?

so 40-50(raw) would be safe in case we have any extra drop ins and we can spread the left overs out to the workers to take home?

50 Raw = 25lbs cooked Yes you are definitely there. Dont worry about the left overs if there is any. I have people all the time ask me for Whatever BBQ I have on hand so I just vac sack it and freeze. Pulled pork I sell between 6-8 dollars a pound. Doing 8 butts this weekend and already have waiting list longer than the amount I am cooking.

Back