Lynch Pig Stampede Cancelled!!!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from Chris Bouska saying the '09 Stampede has been cancelled.
Anybody hear whats up?
ModelMaker

I heard slightly earlier this morning through the grapevine (my mom who is from Waucoma) but no reason why. Then I got this from following Anne:

To Whom It May Concern:

The 11th annual pig stampede as been canceled for July 31st –August 1st, 2009. Thank you to all the teams, judges and friends that have been a part of our contest for the past 10 years. Your friendship and laughs will be missed. We appreciate your past support of our event and donations to Our Children’s Homestead. We look forward to seeing you on the circuit. Gary & Ruth Lynch and Kevin and Christy Bouska

We need to find a replacement Q:
Our options in IA are only Mason City or Nevada.

Well, I guess I will replace that with the LaPlatte, NE contest in August.

Iowa has the following sanctioned contest left:

1. Waterlook
2. LaPorte City
3. Mason City
4. Nevada

And Mitchellville (non sanctioned) on September 13th left.

The River City Roundup contest in Omaha is a great one to consider also. It is held in early September I believe. Tom and Char do a great job!

You're right Pat. Excellent contest and great location. I think it is the last weekend of September.

What is happening in Iowa, we have lost so many contest this year? I would like to know if they are just cancelling for this year or if this is the end of it all together. From the letter Chris says that they are cancelling this year but does not say anything about see you next year. Maybe I am just reading to much into this.

Shotgun, get your's sanctioned and change the date. :icon_pissed

That sucks! Chris told me in an e-mail that they were having issues with the location. I've never been there so I don't know what the location is like.

Now I have an open weekend to fill. It looks like Jasper, IN is the closest to us at 316 miles! I have to think about that.

You can come and golf in my foundations outing that Satuday Ron.... :icon_shy

You can come and golf in my foundations outing that Satuday Ron.... :icon_shy

If I golfed I would do that. I gave up golf years ago. There was one particular hole on my favorite course that drove me nuts! I could never figure it out. Finally, after hitting that damned windmill blade for the 1000th time I just pitched my putter and went home. :rolleyes: :biggrin: :cool:

Oh... You assumed we actually golfed... Nah, we get beers from the Bud girls and drive around in our carts for 5 hours... :biggrin:

Bud girls? Hmmm...

We have them to assist with anyone that needs help putting....

I like to joke, but in reality Ron, we have our focus on the end prize. Raising money for cancer research. If golf happens on the same day, great. But my goal is to not give out golfing achievment awards for the best golfers and instead just pick winners out of a hat... Who cares if a team finishes 10 under par. I'd rather have folks have fun. Try and raise some cash and remember those that we have lost from this dreaded disease. Cause I know for sure, that I do not spend any of my free time golfing anymore!!!! :roll:

Shotgun, get your's sanctioned and change the date. :icon_pissed
Would like to, but not sure what kind of money we could raise for something like that. I would rather have it at the campground, but the festival organizers want to keep everything in town. Maybe we could do one out at the campground at a later date.

Too bad it cancelled. I know the campground was for sale maybe that had something to do with it?

Lets buy it Turk and turn it into a nudist camp or won of those swinger club things. Maybe have a bbq contest and give away a 1978 Honda 70 mini bike with no title for grand prize and have dirty movies on Q's trailer. Thats the ticket

Lets buy it Turk and turn it into a nudist camp or won of those swinger club things. Maybe have a bbq contest and give away a 1978 Honda 70 mini bike with no title for grand prize and have dirty movies on Q's trailer. Thats the ticket
Sounds like a plan, I may have to be a silent partner but it does sound like a good investment! Maybe even a new extreme sport - Nude BBQ competition.

Rev, Let me know when this thing takes off. I may be,,, I mean I know some people who may be interested in competeing.:twisted:

Back