Winter Grills 001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Winter Grills 003.jpg
    Winter Grills 003.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Winter Grills 002.jpg
    Winter Grills 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 143
Hmm....I think you better fire thos suckers up to start melting some of that snow!:lol::lol::lol:

Me neither. Right now it's dark outside and the windchill here is -17 *F. I'm cooking! Got the pit full of chicken and have some lemon pepper encrusted baked potatoes in the oven. Dinner won't be long.

dayyummm!!! i would move down this way!! it has been close to 80 for the last few days.:biggrin:

Come on Scrooge!
Get out the shovel, clear a path to them cookers!
I cooked outside in a heavy snotstorm last night. See my burger entry in the throwdown.
Of course, it's been too farking cold today to go outside and put the cover on the grill...

Speaking of too cold for grill covers, our low last night was around -4, and when I went out at 10am it was 5 degrees. When I tried to lift the WSM cover, it did not want to bend around the lips and knobs of the WSM. The cover was basically frozen solid!:shock: When I finally got it off I was able to set it aside straight up like it was one solid piece and it still looked like the WSM was under it. Still looks that way now in fact. I was afraid to break it down for fear it may split or something!:shock:

I am in the Quad city area of IL. I should have known better but a buddy of mine wanted a pork butt so I picked up 2 Friday, put them on the UDS Sat. night around 9 and let them go til about 10 this morning. This morning the temp guage was at 190 and the butts were at 175. I took them off and finished them in the oven. Then around noon I put on a 12# turkey and kept the UDS at about 300.
The highest the temp got here was -1 with wind chill around -42......Never again!!!!

Ken

It's been in the 20's here all day, I got the electric sausage smoker going with some buckboard bacon, and cooked thighs and legs on the UDS with a little apricot wood and some Rancher charcoal. But I didn't take any pictures, so it never really happened. :wink:

Get one of those propane outdoor space heaters ... melt it all!

Yeah, that snot looks familiar. I put of my cook until Tuesday when the heat wave comes in at 20* above zero. I'll start prep work around noon today.

got the day off today and it is a balmy 12 degrees here- going out to start the lang- got 5 butts going on as soon as the beast gets up to temp

Last edited:
Get out there I did!
Picture641.jpg

Just go to McDonalds and get some of those excellent Rib sammies they sell.
OR, get out there and smoke something!!!!!!!

You guys are about to make me ashamed of myself, and feel like a sissy, for not braving the elements, hitching up my pants, taking the bull by the horns, and showing old man winter who is boss.

But you haven't quite accomplished it. Yet. The weather outside is frightful. The fire is so delightful.

Back