• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pot o Pintos today

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Soaked them overnight and started them earlier. Threw in a ham hock and some Fiesta Pinto Bean Seasoning.

Attachments

• Pot o Pintos.jpg
    Pot o Pintos.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 142
I haven't made any beans in a while sounds like a plan for tonite...

Single Fin Smoker said:
I think I've farted and went to heaven....

Now dat wuz funny...you've heard the old sayings bout beans I been hearing all my life (and living by too), so here's a good one...

Beans beans, good for your heart the more you eat the more you fart, the more you fart the better you feel, so eat them beans for every meal. Had a cousin that was so poor that he was lucky to even have beans and we use to get up and eat them beans right out of the fridge for breakfast on a count of we knew the only thing we'd get if we waited for breakfast to be fixed was gonna be oatmeal.

Now dat's a fine looking pot-o-beans!! Now where's the cornbread??

Cornbread gets cooked today. Beans were for the weekend.

Pinto Beans are my favorite!! A pot of beans, a skillet of fried taters and some cornbread and you are set!! Looked GREAT!!

Pass the conbread please.
Looks GREAT!
Any body hear that train whistle? Hope she's a coal burner!

Spydermike72 said:
Pinto Beans are my favorite!! A pot of beans, a skillet of fried taters and some cornbread and you are set!! Looked GREAT!!

Your leaving out the onion and milk or splatter milk.

Edit - I thought I might better come back and explain that "splatter milk" term. It went like this: most all the time when one was wanting buttermilk for supper it was because we was having cornbread, and most of the time when we was having cornbread we wuz having beans...so bottom line (no pun intended) is that they was ultimately some splattering going on latter.

Last edited:
Must be a regional thing. I like pintos. I prefer great northerns. Both are good. My point is that, beans, onions, garlic. That's it. A simple thing that I enjoy. To make them more interesting you can add ham hocks, ham bones, ribs from the freezer, whatever you choose, it's all good. Cooked up a batch last weekend and I was cleaning the freezer at the same time. Found a bag of baby backs that made that batch specially good.

Is Fiesta Pinto bean seasoning a commercial blend or a family recipe? I'm kind of a "15 bean" or "Hambeen" soup guy myself, don't use that flavor packet though. Double smoked ham hocks, garlic, onion, carrots, maybe a hot link or two and some "Cajun Power Sauce".

swamprb said:
Is Fiesta Pinto bean seasoning a commercial blend or a family recipe? I'm kind of a "15 bean" or "Hambeen" soup guy myself, don't use that flavor packet though. Double smoked ham hocks, garlic, onion, carrots, maybe a hot link or two and some "Cajun Power Sauce".

Name brand. I get it at our local store in the Latin section.
http://www.fiestaspices.com/?page=pintobeanseasoning

Back