MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
allis200
Found some matches.

Default grill fire question

A few weeks ago my propane grill caught fire. My fire extingisher left a lot of residue everywhere. Am I better off getting a different grill or can I safely clean this one up of all the residue? Thanks.
allis200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Callahan-que
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Yes get a charcoal grill.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

One of my Weber kettles did the same thing, due to the same thing that caused you gasser to catch fire. Built up grease in the fire bowl.

1. You need to clean the built up grease off of any grill, gas or charcoal. Grills are NOT maintenance free.

2. Why the fark did you use a fire extinguisher on an outdoor grill? Close the lid and turn off the gas. Let it burn out. If you need to, wet down the area around the grill with water, so it doesn't catch fire. Never spray water directly on a grease fire, but you can close the lid and use a garden hose on the closed grill to cool the fire so it goes out on its own.

If your grill is not in a position to burn down the house or your deck, don't panic.

My neighbor called the fire department when his gasser caught fire. They shut off the gas valves and put it out with his garden hose.

Maintain your cooker, and it won't catch on fire. Plan ahead, and if it does catch on fire, you can put it out without a lot of drama and without ruining your grill.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

it oughta clean up - scrub with liquid dish soap and water- get a brush on a stick and SCRUB it........then let it run/burn -HOT- for a while before putting food on it. if it makes you feel safer then do a 2nd scrub with bleach water.
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Yellowhair42
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ville Grill View Post
Yes get a charcoal grill.

Dude,that is the first thing I thought of when I saw this! Too funny.