Any one doing Ribs this weekend???? I am!

DadDoolz

Reaction score
Went to Costco and bought a pack of St Louie cut pork ribs. 3 nice slabs to the package. Stripped off the membrane on the back and gave them a liberal rub of 3Eyz Champ Blend. Stuck them into the fridge until the morning. Gonna fire up the WMS with some lump and smoke with a mix of sugar maple and cherry. Gonna try just foiling the water pan. Hope the wind is not kicking it tomorrow.

My 22nd wedding anniversary is tomorrow and the wife is looking forward to having smoked ribs for dinner. Will keep you all informed on how it all came out. If it comes out well, I might even supply some pics.....:biggrin1:

Wish me luck.

Good luck Daddoolz. I am doin two racks of spares tomorrow on the kettle tomorrow. I haven't done ribs in a bit. Also congrats on the 22 years, that is awesome!

I am cooking a brisket tomorrow and I am throwing a rack of baby back ribs on just for grinns.

Congratulations!!!
I'm doing a couple of slabs of St Louis as well tomorrow, on my new 15 gal Smokey Joe mini.

22 years. Congrats!

I am taking a KCBS judging class today. Thinking about doing some spares tomorrow on my WSM. I just foil the water pan, too.

Congratulations on the 22 years!

Two racks of big and meaty, big and bouncy Dino's being cooked up on Sunday here.

My local Stop and Shop has baby backs on sale this week, hope to get over there when I get out of work today. Good luck with your cook and congrats on the anniversary- enjoy both!

Congrats. I'm doing spares this morning on the WSM as well. I can't wait!

Was planning on doing a rack of St Louis I had left over in the freezer today for lunch, but they are still a bit frozen.

doing untrimmed ribs-they are meater and juicer due to more fat then st.louis cut . i do ribs on wsm every weekend.

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

my cat stole the ribs

Last edited by a moderator:
IMAG0996.jpg

2.5 hours in at 250, now time for a bit of foil. Also trying a new liquid in the wrap today consisting of brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and apple sauce.

Great Lunch. 2.5 hours smoke, 1.5 hours foil, and 1/2 hour letting the sauce set. Made some baked beans and sald to go with. How did everyone elses come out?
IMAG0997.jpg

Congrats on 22!!

Doing spares in my WFO along with my attempt for the Pizza TD.

We like Pr0n even if it is not necessarily what you were looking for-part of sharing and learning...

BTW, WELCOME!!

Last edited:
Back