• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Joe and XL egg

Timmy Mac

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Tossing these around and was wondering, what's a good prices on these cookers? I know there has been a lot of talk about these cookers. Sorry for another post about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Called my local dealer yesterday. He sales both plus the Primo.

The KJ Big Joe was ~$1200. Includes the rolling stand and bamboo wings, ash tool, cover and some other goodies. Red or Black and its assembled already.

The XL BGE by itself was ~$1,000.

The Primo Oval XL by itself was ~$1,200.

I'm going by there on Thursday to look at all three. I've ruled out the Primo and really starting to like the Big Joe more and more.

I have the XL BGE, and I have looked at the Big Joe. Looks to me like KJ did a great job improving upon the BGE. I like a lot of features of the KJ over mine, and would probably trade even up if anyone offered. BGE has a cult like following and you can go to events to learn etc. I think either is a good choice, I like the stainless, and the bigger ring on the KJ. I think their gasket is a quarter inch wider than the one on the BGE.

JMSetzler got a really good deal on his KJ (either classic or Big Joe, can't remember) end of season- 200$ off IIRC.

A lot of ppl like the green BGE's and red KJ's, but I think the black is the slickest color. And I agree on the stainless look being the better of the two as far as looks.

From looking at the pics though, the xl looks bigger and might take a tiny bit more time/fuel to bring it up to temp (this might not be true- I have no experience as of yet with kamados).

Last edited:
Thanks! I like them both. I can get the big Joe for around 1100 plus tax. The XL was around 1310. I do like the fire box on the big Joe better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back